Flyers845

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big props to your folding technique rob

Totally.

Holy freaking God, Rob!

I might have passed out if I came to the expo and saw your table.

Holy freaking God, Rob!

I might have passed out if I came to the expo and saw your table.

Thinking the same exact thing man.

Beautifully done Rob!

I forgot to put up my display! There were two actually. I rotated halfway through the Expo. Rangers first:

IMG00628201307200936-vi.jpg

...and USA after:

IMG00629201307201205-vi.jpg

Anyone know if they plan on puttung a bunch of team issue blanks up in the clearance area

I'm also very curious about this.... I missed those Rangers jerseys the last time they had 'em up... and I would LOVE to see some of those blueberry Avs Thirds in there!

I forgot to put up my display! There were two actually. I rotated halfway through the Expo. Rangers first:

I noticed that Meigray's Facebook had pics of your set-up posted early on. I knew it was yours from your earlier "sneak peek" before I even read the name "Mike" in the description on the picture. Very nice as always! Love the USA stuff as well.

I'm also very curious about this.... I missed those Rangers jerseys the last time they had 'em up... and I would LOVE to see some of those blueberry Avs Thirds in there!

I responded to this higher up. I doubt it. Last year they had a much larger clearance section at the expo than online. This year the clearance section at the expo was exactly what they have online, aside from the Devils preseason rack, which they had at the expo last year also.

They didn't put the Caps 2.0s out last year. They lost some teams (Canucks, Flames, etc), so I dont know why they havent put those jerseys up (specifically Vancouver and Sens black)

I've had an itchy trigger finger on a few GI Avs blueberry thirds, but I just don't want to pay that much and then have to strip it... especially considering the jersey foul that I'm contemplating on making it into... :unsure:

I have been told that even though they don't service certain teams anymore they will still hold on to blanks in case a team needs an emergency jersey, though that really shouldn't be the case for older Vector jerseys like their NYR stock, and certainly not so many jerseys, maybe a few of each size.

I can understand holding onto Vectors, but I don't understand holding onto old teams or styles. Teams probably carry spares with them. I'd be shocked if any team contacted MeiGray needing a jersey, especially a team who no longer has a contract with them

Edit: I can see a team asking for a preseason/earlier set to hold onto as a backup, but not a blank jersey to get customized. Usually the customizer should have a stock of jerseys and the team.

In my opinion, the way I interpreted it meant that they hold on to jerseys for certain teams who aren't based in the area. Say, for example, Vancouver is on the east coast, and a jersey gets damaged beyond repair and they need a new one made up ASAP. Instead of having it done back home and shipped they have blanks to work with on the east coast. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it, sorta.

I knew what you meant, but it is flawed. If Vancouver comes here once a year and MeiGray no longer has their contract, why would they want to help them? Do they think Vancouver will feel in debt to them and let them sell their gamers again? I can understand keeping 2-3 on hand of a current team in the MeiGray program if they want to have them in case of an emergency, but would a past team even contact MeiGray if they need a jersey? Teams usually carry backups. Just thinking about it, I completely understand keeping current stock on hand of teams that are in the MeiGray program. However, it makes little sense to me to keep past teams. What good is it to hold onto them, especially if they are an old design? The jerseys take up space and their is a cost of holding onto inventory (what if a hurricane/natural disaster damages their entire inventory? Im sure they have insurance, but still, this is takes up space and money).

I do remember seeing at the warehouse sale this past weekend in the AHL/ECHL section of the warehouse on the upper racks that you need a ladder to get to about 200 Devils jerseys that were blank. I saw both vector and wordmark Edges in there in both red and white.

I do remember seeing at the warehouse sale this past weekend in the AHL/ECHL section of the warehouse on the upper racks that you need a ladder to get to about 200 Devils jerseys that were blank. I saw both vector and wordmark Edges in there in both red and white.

They have A LOT of jerseys on those upper racks and in other inaccessible places. Saw a whole bunch of Gretzky night Kings jersyes up there.