1991-92 Penguins Cup Years Jerseys

PensFan77

Hey all. Hopefully someone can help me out, like y'all were able to help me last year in getting the Penguins powder blue alternate for my brother. My uncle is a die-hard Penguins fan, like the rest of the family, but unfortunately, doesn't have a nice jersey to wear. My aunt bought him a framed home, patched 92 Cup jersey of Ulf Samuelsson, his favorite player, a few years ago for Christmas. 2 years ago, she bought him the current Pens navy blue alternate customized as a Crosby with the Winter Classic patch, but it is a horrible fake. Talking with one of my cousins, I came up with the idea of all of the kids (total of 5 of us) getting together and getting him a black jersey from those years and have it customized as Ulf and have it patched correctly. Ideally, I'd prefer an authentic, but am realistic and truthfully, don't want to spend a ton of money. Doing some cursory browsing on the bay, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-7187A-Pittsburgh-Penguins-71-Evgeni-Malkin-1985-Vintage-Throwback-Jersey-L/321138112661?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D8193031518242268621%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D321138112661%26

Now, I would have it stripped and re-customized, but looking at the close-up pics, I can't help but wonder if this jersey is starting to be faked. If any of y'all would be kind enough to help confirm this or even help me track down a jersey, it would be greatly appreciated. For what it's worth, my uncle would probably wear a medium or large in a replica, and I would guess a 48 or 50 in an authentic.

Thanks guys!

A real CCM Ultrafil Authentic from the 1991-1992 era will run you several hundred dollars, and they are extremely challenging to find.

It may be best to get him a CCM Vintage Line replica, which is legit remake of that look (not a counterfeit), but is an AirKnit. You can easily find these and they will cost you a fraction of the cost of an authentic from the era.

You can buy a blank and get a top-quality personailzation of Samuelsson for him, no stripping necessary. Here is an example of one in XL, from a trustworthy ebay seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1991-Pittsburgh-Penguins-CCM-550-Jersey-XL-/330704971360?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cff8d6660#ht_1327wt_932