Game worn jerseys... Are the worth it if they don't fit?

GJD

I'm looking to buy either a Michael Ryder or Nathan Horton game used bruins jersey from the MeiGray group, problem is, they are all size 58- which don't fit me. Is it worth it to buy a jersey that won't even fit?

I'm looking to buy either a Michael Ryder or Nathan Horton game used bruins jersey from the MeiGray group, problem is, they are all size 58- which don't fit me. Is it worth it to buy a jersey that won't even fit?

I only own one gamer and I don't wear it. I think a lot of people are the same way. Some wear them, but most don't.

Again though, this is a personal preference issue and isn't really something anyone can answer for you.

It just depends what you want to do with it. I like to wear mine but to each their own. I take it that a 58 is too big, right? I wear some of my huge jerseys, I dont really care. A big goofy jersey looks better than a fake!

I'll probly wear it, but I am not a very big dude. Large jerseys don't even fit right haha! But it would be cool to finally get my first gamer, considering I have a stick signed by Horton, I figure a gamer would be appropriate, no? Only problem is its $750. How long do jerseys usually last on the site?

Either the Horton gamer with the A on it or this one http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6365953&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4521&scId=4521, because I'm pretty sure he wore this on March 16 this season. when he got a Gordie Howe hat trick against the Caps. How long did they use this jersey? Start of the season until ???

Either the Horton gamer with the A on it or this one http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6365953&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4521&scId=4521, because I'm pretty sure he wore this on March 16 this season. when he got a Gordie Howe hat trick against the Caps. How long did they use this jersey? Start of the season until ???

That set was supposed to be worn on the following dates in 2013: January 21, 29, February 12, March 2, 16, April 8 and 19. It could have changed and/or Horton could have missed some of those dates.

The length of time a jersey lasts on MeiGray really depends. Some are bought before they even arrive to MeiGray (pre-order) and some sit there for years. It really depends on the player, team, and price. I don't know about Horton jerseys.

I was going to add that third jersey to the cart an somebody bought it... It said there are 0 available when I clicked add to cart. This sucks so much. Looks like I'll be buying a either road jersey worn from this season then or the one with the A (no idea why he had the A though)

Edit: NVM it's there on my computer... just checked and it was listed on my computer. It is now in my cart on my computer. Guess it messed up for my ipod. That's weird...

GJD, did you already add the jersey to the cart in one browser, close out of it, and then try to reopen it? That happened to me once...I was able to buy the jersey a couple of hours later

I was going to add that third jersey to the cart an somebody bought it... It said there are 0 available when I clicked add to cart. This sucks so much. Looks like I'll be buying a either road jersey worn from this season then or the one with the A (no idea why he had the A though)

Edit: NVM it's there on my computer... just checked and it was listed on my computer. It is now in my cart on my computer. Guess it messed up for my ipod. That's weird...

If you're willing to risk it, the Horton jerseys may go on sale when the Expo/MeiGray summer sale starts on July 20. Of course, they may not last that long or get snapped up by someone before you if/when they go on sale.

If you're willing to risk it, the Horton jerseys may go on sale when the Expo/MeiGray summer sale starts on July 20. Of course, they may not last that long or get snapped up by someone before you if/when they go on sale.

I really want this jersey.. I was at the game when he wore it. But since I have no money or a job (16 years old) I have no idea when I can get it

I really want this jersey.. I was at the game when he wore it. But since I have no money or a job (16 years old) I have no idea when I can get it

After Gary Bettman approves you to buy the Phoenix Coyotes.

I will never fit into a gamer and since I like to wear my jerseys, I save a lot of money!

:thumbsup:

Just wait until the summer sale. The 2012-13 jerseys will probably not be on sale, but the 2011-12 jerseys most likely will be and there are a couple of Horton gamers from that year on there.

I would wait. Meigray's (as well as many other jersey dealers like Steiner) are always way over market value.

I'd never wear a gamer out to a game or anything but the biggest Edge jersey I'll wear is a 54. I have 58+ and 58 gamers and they're like tents.

I'd never wear a gamer out to a game or anything but the biggest Edge jersey I'll wear is a 54. I have 58+ and 58 gamers and they're like tents.

Sorry to re-hash the old topic of sizing equivalency, but I'm considering getting a GI edge, but I won't wear huge tents either. I have never even seen an Edge authentic (indo or otherwise) in person, so I don't know how sizes compare. I wear a size 48 6100/Nike and can wear a smaller 52 Starter mesh. 52 6100s are too big. I can do a 54 or 56 Nike Swift. I did try on a Premier Edge XXL and it was too big. XL may have been ok.

The smallest Edge I can find in GI for avs 3rd jerseys on Meigray are 54s. Can't stomach the thought of dropping a couple hundred bucks on something that is too big to wear. Biggest you'll wear is an Edge 54...Any comparisons for sizing to help me out?

Edge 2.0 jerseys fit so great. Im 6' 2" and can wear anything from a 54 to 58+. I think as long as youre at least 5' 7" a 54 will be ok. Might be a tad big but you could pull it.

If you wear a 48 in the Nike jerseys from the late 90s you will be perfectly fine in a Size 54 Edge 2.0 and up to a 56 in an Edge 1.0 in my opinion.

I feel like the 90s Nike in a size 52 is massive on me, but a 52 Edge 1.0 or 2.0 looks snugger than I would like to wear a hockey jersey, hence why I feel totally cool grabbing a 54 or 56 Edge. The cuts are just so much different that the sizing differences are needed to make the fit feel similar.

Great input guys, thanks. I just picked up a Nike 52 Sweden and it's huge. But my Canada Nike 48 from '02 fits perfect. Brandon, I'm 5'10" 165, so that sounds like right in the sweet spot for a 54. Just wish I liked the Avs jersey design better. I'd be all over 'em. Thanks again.

im 6'2" 235 so i can even do a size 50 edge 2.0 its just my arms shoot out haha but i could wear a 58 its just big i dunno id prefer something smaller at the games.