Plaza Sports in Sunrise Mall Long Island

Cygnus X-1

Popped in there today for the goof and found that all of his Rangers' jerseys are fakes.

Awful, size 48, wrong everything fakes. I was gonna say something but I just left.

Bad.

It's pretty sad when retail places sell nothing but fakes. I remember walking into a pro image shop and they had nothing but fakes plastered all over the place.

I remember when the original Plaza Sports was in the CENTEREACH mall when I was a kid. My mom would take my brother and I there to look at hockey equipment, but couldn't actually afford anything. I would stare, and I mean STARE, at their walls completely covered by authentic CCM jerseys! I always said I'd fill my closet with them. After about 20 years, I am happy with what I've got.

Plaza, or what's left of it, is now in Rocky Point, and there's more clothing than anything. I also saw that all their jerseys are fakes too. It's such a disappointment. I wish I took pics of what it looked like when I was younger. It was like heaven for jersey collectors like us. I even remember when they moved locations and put a huge rack of authentic CCM Lightning alternate jerseys on clearance for $50 a piece. Imagine the $ made on that now!

I worked in the Centereach store when I was 15 for 3 years. Wasn't a jersey collector then so I had no interest in any of the authentics plus we had tons of MLB authentics too throwbacks etc that go for alot of money on eBay now. Hindsight is always 20/20. By the way there's a plaza in the sunrise mall? Is it the Ferraros ownin that one?

They owned all of them. When I stop in Rocky Point, I always ask about Peter and Chris. I play against them once in a while when they're around.

They owned all of them. When I stop in Rocky Point, I always ask about Peter and Chris. I play against them once in a while when they're around.

They are tight with one of the roller hockey coaches at Hofstra.

I didn't know they had one that far west. They are actually moving the store in rocky point down the road.

Im sure they will open a store/pro-shop in the rink they are building in Eisenhower Park