what really bugs me about shop.nhl

GJD

The customization on the Captaincy or Alternate Captaincy letters. They are way to small. I'm wondering, what if I buy a customized authentic jersey ($300) and the "A" comes out like THIS? 1C1622A5-5488-4436-B371-5A57EC4E1FBF-828 They just used a nameplate letter. Anyone else have a problem like that if you ordered from Shop.NHL?

I trust Shop.NHL to give me what I asked for, and they do.

Customization issues like the one you noted are all too common. There is a reason why so many jerseys are sent to other customizing shops to get the job done right rather than trust Shop NHL to do the work.

For next time buy the jersey blank and then take/send it to the teams official customizer and never have these issues again.

I will next time. There's a sick discount going on right now. I have a blank authentic in the cart waiting to order, the discount code is NHLE. 30% discount from $250, so that's $75 off plus free shipping. Final price... $175 for an authentic. I'll be sending it to Custom Crafted to get Bergeron stitched on it with a PROPER sized A.

Well, I'll just buy blanks and send them to Custom Crafted from now on. They stitch the jerseys for the Bruins players, so they must know the correct sizing for an A or a C.

The more knowledgeable you become about jersey customization, the more you will realize how inaccurate their customization is, and what poor quality materials they use (at least for replicas). As others have said before, if you care about accuracy, buy a blank jersey and send it to the official team customizer, or at least a customizer who you're sure can do an accurate job.

Really though, how many times did people have to tell you this? All last week we told you and you insisted that NHL.com would know what they were doing...

Don't get me wrong, I like when people try to learn about the jerseys and stuff. I was a newbie at one point too. But next time, maybe try listening to the people who are answering your questions, rather than just blowing us all off as if we don't know what we're talking about.

I will next time. There's a sick discount going on right now. I have a blank authentic in the cart waiting to order, the discount code is NHLE. 30% discount from $250, so that's $75 off plus free shipping. Final price... $175 for an authentic. I'll be sending it to Custom Crafted to get Bergeron stitched on it with a PROPER sized A.

Thanks for the heads up, that's a pretty solid deal.

When I read the first thread, I gotta be honest, I thought the guy worked for NHL.com. Seems like he's on the right track now, though. dsl is right, the folks here DO know what they're talking about & it's worth listening and taking the advice given

NHL.com is not legit. Try MonkeySports. They have done tons of jerseys for me. They will also correct wrong customizations.

Did you get a vector or a wordmark on the back?

Did you get a vector or a wordmark on the back?

Wordmark. All of my jerseys have wordmarks on them.

NHL.com customization is trash. Period. Here's a comparison:

NHL.com:

Proper customization (Philly Express):

That NHL.com Giroux is atrocious. One of the worst non-fake customizations I've ever seen.

My own first (and last) personal experience with NHL.com's customization. On top, NHL.com's single-layer, screened number on a plastic-like base material, with fake screened-on stitch lines. On the bottom, proper kiss-cut twill like it's supposed to be.

image-2_zps88d3b6ac.jpgimage-2_zps3e4ffa11.jpg

Wow! You reap what you sew man! Hope you learned a lesson!

That was my very first experience with jersey customizing as a noob a few years ago (hence the Premier, which was also a lesson in itself). I've come a long way since then, that's for sure. Now you know why I'll take shots at NHL.com's customization whenever possible- consider it a public service!

That was my very first experience with jersey customizing as a noob a few years ago (hence the Premier, which was also a lesson in itself). I've come a long way since then, that's for sure. Now you know why I'll take shots at NHL.com's customization whenever possible- consider it a public service!

Seriously you are making a public service announcement. And thanks for referring me to Monkey Sports. The guys at the store in Irvine ROCK.