Representing more than one team at once

StayFrosty

What are your thoughts on representing more than one team at once? Like say, wearing a jersey of one team, and a baseball cap of another team?

Where I am it seems to be frowned upon to even wear gear of any team other than the Home team. But I like quite a few teams, and I like to represent all of them on different ocassions by wearing their gear. But people don't seem to understand why anyone would have jerseys of a team that isn't your favorite. Maybe they just don't realize it's my hobby and I can afford it, I dunno. I suppose most fans are NOT jersey collectors, and they would be happy to have just a couple jerseys of their favorite team.

Personally, I can be wearing the colors of a team one day, and the colors of another team the next day, especially depending on whether or not it's the season or playoffs, and which teams are playing on that day. The Home team does take priority over the others.

But honestly, I think being a hockey fan is a pretty dismal thing if you can't like any teams other than your Home team and even wear their merchandise as well. Sad if you can only depend on 1/30 teams to bring home the Cup. Besides, hockey is much bigger than any team. But where I am there are so many bandwaggoners who only watch hockey if our team is winning.

So what about representing more than one team at once? Wearing a hat from one team and a jersey from another at the same time? Feel free to comment on everything else I said as well.

Never wear two teams for the same sport if they are in the same league. For me it would be ok to be at a Hawks game and possibly wearing a Univeristy of Michigan Hockey hat or for my high school team, or team USA. I have no issue going to a Cubs game and wearing a Hawks hat if they have a big game that night.

Normally I tend to wear everything for the team who I am going to watch. That includes hat (or beanie), and t-shirt or hoodie underneath the jersey. I also have middle weight coats for all my teams that I bring when the weather is nasty. I am not superstitious, just think it looks better to be decked out in gear that is all your teams colors and matches.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually prefer wearing a home Tigers hat w/ my Wings jerseys over a Wings hat.

I hear that. I don't even equate the Tigers hats with the Tigers anymore...it just represents the city of Detroit for me. :thumbsup:

Ottawa Senators are my main team for sure, but I also love New Jersey(favorite childhood team, 3rd favorite now) and the LA Kings, because I need a team in the west and I just love their history.