Customization Instructions Assistance Thread

CJ Matthews

I dont have time for that. But you'd think the fine creators of nhluniforms.com would be able to pull this off, no?

I don't have time to think about that.

I dont have time for that. But you'd think the fine creators of nhluniforms.com would be able to pull this off, no?

It's tough, especially when teams don't necessarily swear allegiance to any supplier. Hell, teams might even use two suppliers in the same season. EPS will get all of your shirts pretty close, but most of them won't be 100% original. We send our shirts to their respective team sources because there's a certain satisfaction in using the same company that did your favorite player's shirt. It's all a part of our hobby here.

As for having the information handy, specifications are for the suppliers, not necessarily for the consumers. We bust out the tape measures and pester eachother for 50 pictures of the shirt, but the lettering houses have the fonts saved to their computers as vector files (or other art files), ready to roll when needed. It's one thing to keep a rough track of how team uniforms looked during certain periods (a la NHL uniform database), but team suppliers implement font changes that are sometimes too small to be reliably tracked.

That, and if you try to tell a supplier that doesn't do work for a team, they often don't pay attention to your specs and use their own anyway. You can't win with them - You're one shirt out of thousands.