Customization Instructions Assistance Thread

CJ Matthews

I know a lot of people always ask about how certain things should be customized. Stacked, kiss cut, how tall or wide the numbers and letters should be, nameplate material, picture references etc. I figured since I need help with about 15 jerseys myself I'd make a central thread, and people can jump in to offer and ask for help. I've been wanting to send in an order to EPS for the longest time, but don't have all the details or picture references I need to send in with the order. Here's what I want to send in, and what details I have.

2012 ASG - Girardi/Gaborik/Lundqvist - Pictures. I assume since they do these for everyone I just need to tell them one layer sublimated letters/numbers.
WC - Lundqvist/Callahan - Pictures. I know Mike had them do a Stepan that came out good so I don't think they need details other than felt.
2002 USA White - Leetch/Richter
2002 USA Blue - Richter
1998 USA White - Leetch
1998 USA Blue - Richter
1996 USA White WCOH - Leetch/Richter
1996 USA Blue WCOH - Richter
2004 Sweden Blue WCOH - Lundqvist
2004 Sweden Yellow WCOH - Lundqvist
Reebok Rangers Blue 6100 - Girardi Rookie
Reebok Liberty 6100 - Lundqvist
2002 All Star Game (North America)- Leetch
2009 All Star Game (Eastern) - Lundqvist
Also not hockey, but Mercury Mets - Mike Piazza

So basically everything aside from the top 5 I need help with. I know that the sleeve numbers on Rangers jerseys changed along the way so I don't know how big those should be on the 6100s so that's something I need to make sure I get info on.

Might also throw in a Rangers 2.0 and see how it comes back.

I bought Mike's Stepan WC from him and absolutely love it!! I can't find any shortcomings in the customization. His was done by EPS.

Check my album for pics. I'm away for the next week or so, but I can give you any details you may need when I get back to my collection at home.

I bought Mike's Stepan WC from him and absolutely love it!! I can't find any shortcomings in the customization. His was done by EPS.

When did he sell that? I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Matt (CJ), I'm sorry I can't be of more help here but I just thought I'd mention that EPS is probably going to put regular Edge stretch mesh nameplates on your 2012 ASG jerseys. It looks somewhat different from the mesh on the ASG's, which is not the same as the mesh that is usually on Edge authentics. If this is going to bother you, you might want to mention it to them, although I'm not sure they can get the exact same stuff.

I believe the plates were the same mesh as the one on the backs of the ASG jerseys. But now I can't find the photos to back that up.

Alright people, lets start slow. Who can tell me which jerseys should be kiss cut, reverse kiss cut, stacked/layered? Help me out here so I can take advantage of the EPS sale.

• 11 months later...

Alright people, lets start slow. Who can tell me which jerseys should be kiss cut, reverse kiss cut, stacked/layered? Help me out here so I can take advantage of the EPS sale.

Is there a master list of customization specs yet, or a good resource for this info? I'm also looking to jump on the EPS sale and would like to send in the specifics including number sizing and stacked vs. kiss-cut.

I will be sending in the following with the exception of the jerseys marked by asterisks I'm debating holding off on.

Blackhawks Home/Away Edge 2.0 Wordmark

Kings Home Edge 2.0 Wordmark

Capitals Home Edge 2.0 Vector

*Sabres Home 'Slug Edge 1.0

*Blue Jackets 3rd 6100 Koho

*Stars Mooterus

Is there a master list of customization specs yet, or a good resource for this info? I'm also looking to jump on the EPS sale and would like to send in the specifics including number sizing and stacked vs. kiss-cut.

I will be sending in the following with the exception of the jerseys marked by asterisks I'm debating holding off on.

Blackhawks Home/Away Edge 2.0 Wordmark

Kings Home Edge 2.0 Wordmark

Capitals Home Edge 2.0 Vector

*Sabres Home 'Slug Edge 1.0

*Blue Jackets 3rd 6100 Koho

*Stars Mooterus

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303

thanks, but I was hoping I didnt have to call each customizer individually. You'd think someone would have put this all together by now, much like a sizing chart. Like exact team specs per jersey per time period.

Have you tried reading it?

And yes, you may have to make some phone calls.

Edited by thebiggoalie

EPS has the standards that teams submit to the NHL, the problem is that the team customizers decide to tweak their own standards and that would be the only reason why you don't get what you want with EPS.

EPS is going to do great work, but in my experience they aren't going to look at what you give them if it's a current jersey, they are just going to assume it's the same Caps or Hawks jersey they have done a million times to the team specifications they already have on hand.

We all go through the team customizers because we don't want to run the risk of sending in something for a team that decided not to adhere to their own standards.

Edited by DC Red Wings

Have you tried reading it?

And yes, you may have to make some phone calls.

I scolled and skimmed every post on every page and it seems one would have to call customizers for anything other than most recent iterations. So I will trust EPS to do me right and just be happy about it.

It's just that it's 2014 and the info you're looking for should just magically appear before your eyes with little to no effort...

Edited by grbs1605

I scolled and skimmed every post on every page and it seems one would have to call customizers for anything other than most recent iterations. So I will trust EPS to do me right and just be happy about it.

It's just that it's 2014 and the info you're looking for should just magically appear before your eyes with little to no effort...

Well if it's so easy then why don't you put it together for everyone to use?

deleted

Edited by LAK74

Sure. It's 2014. You should expect instant gratification.