Reporting Fakes

pastadutchie

Has anyone had success getting fake jerseys removed from eBay?

I report several fakes each day, and recently I have been tracking to see if any get removed. and I can say that it does work. Sometimes I have to report them twice on consecutive days, but they are coming down.

Theyve never taken down one Ive reported but its also a little hard to tell since they remove them from the site completely. You kinda gotta bookmark it and then comeback. This thread would be a good way to do it.

I'm all for reporting fakes, but I find it interesting that any eBay member can report a fake and it seems that very often eBay takes care of it right away and pulls the listing. But when someone like NoThreadSet actually gets screwed buying a fake, they force him to prove it's a fake before they'll lift a finger to help. Seems like a double standard here.

I just searched Bruins jerseys under newly listed I swear the whole first page was fakes from some guy in Auburn Mass eh........ sucks searching for anything on the Bay now

I report fakes all the time. I even have seen a fake seller from my town, which is very rare. I was more than happy to report them especially because it was a Ducks jersey.

I've reported them but same as other people, I don't know for sure if they got taken down (never "watched" the auction and checked back). Although on Kijiji I've reported quite a few including a site that spams their fakes and had their adds taken down but sadly they just get put back up.

I don't know if this is a trend or just locally, but lately there have been people I know doing "group buys" from fake sites. One guy I know advertised on a local car enthusiast forum about the buy, I was quick to point out they where counterfeit items and selling such things is not legal but it didn't seem to phase anyone and a bunch still went ahead and ordered :( The joys of the $45 customized fakes

I've reported them but same as other people, I don't know for sure if they got taken down (never "watched" the auction and checked back). Although on Kijiji I've reported quite a few including a site that spams their fakes and had their adds taken down but sadly they just get put back up.

I don't know if this is a trend or just locally, but lately there have been people I know doing "group buys" from fake sites. One guy I know advertised on a local car enthusiast forum about the buy, I was quick to point out they where counterfeit items and selling such things is not legal but it didn't seem to phase anyone and a bunch still went ahead and ordered :( The joys of the $45 customized fakes

I see them on Craigs all the time...... I guess some people just don't care and well those are the people I laugh at when they pay a crazy amount for a fake

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think its worth the chance of getting a fake to even buy a jersey off of ebay

There are so many helpful people on this board that if you post a jersey in the "It is good or not?" thread you will get solid advice. I don't think I've ever seen one go through there and someone end up with a fake.