Ducks customization - What to ask for?

Moosey

I'm looking to get a white Ducks jersey customized at EPS as when I took my jersey to Monkey Sports they wanted $100 for the customization which is just too steep a price in my opinion. Just to clarify, what do I need to ask for, in terms of kiss-cut/reverse kiss-cut etc in order to get it accurate?

Thanks!

Wow Monkey hiked their prices since I got a jersey customized from them. I liked their work but that is just too much. I got my Selanne 3rd done from EPS. Go with them, just be very clear and precise with the instructions. Who are you putting on it?

I had a black Lydman done by them just before the season started and they charged me $59.95. I went in late last week with this white jersey (for my wife, she wants Getzlaf) and my jaw hit the floor when the guy rang up $100 on the register, I said that's just too much and left. They said it's $59.95 for jerseys bought from them and $100 for jerseys brought in. So what do I ask for? Is it a white twill base layer with the black and gold layers on top?

If your jersey is an Edge then all you should have to do is specify on-ice kiss-cut. They should know in what order the layers go. I don't own a gamer, but I believe the black twill layer is the base, and the gold and white kiss-cut strips go on top of that. The white layer is definitely not the bottom layer. Hopefully someone here with a Ducks gamer can confirm (or correct) this. If you have a white 6100, then you don't need to worry about this because the kit was layered.

Home/3rd has white base, then gold, then black on the very top (gold is as thick as what you see plus under the black)

Away has black base, then gold, then white on the very top (gold is as thick as what you see plus under the white)

As others have said it's layered for Ducks for 6100 series and before, they use Sublistitch for the first season (maybe the second as well) of the edges only I believe and then switched to kiss cut

I've heard about the Ducks using Sublistitch but I don't recall ever actually seeing any gamers that looked any different than usual. Anyone have any photos of these?

This Getzlaf 1.0 is from the first season of the Edge (2007/08 set 3) and it's kiss-cut by Cutting Edge:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=793

I've heard about the Ducks using Sublistitch but I don't recall ever actually seeing any gamers that looked any different than usual. Anyone have any photos of these?

This Getzlaf 1.0 is from the first season of the Edge (2007/08 set 3) and it's kiss-cut by Cutting Edge:

Interstingly enough I think when they were done by sublistitch they were kiss cut (I don't own any game worn from that era Ducks), here is a GIguere from the 08-09 season

https://capsports2000.com/en/item74062442.php

There was at least a Whitney Spears Ducks road jersey that used smoothfit in 07-08 that had to be done up quickly because he was traded there mid-season when the Ducks did a terrorist swap with the Pens. It was auctioned off by Beckett's on ebay.

Thanks, guys. When I heard Sublistitch I automatically assumed sublimated, but if they were mostly just regular kiss-cut, then no wonder I never noticed them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a black Lydman done by them just before the season started and they charged me $59.95. I went in late last week with this white jersey (for my wife, she wants Getzlaf) and my jaw hit the floor when the guy rang up $100 on the register, I said that's just too much and left. They said it's $59.95 for jerseys bought from them and $100 for jerseys brought in. So what do I ask for? Is it a white twill base layer with the black and gold layers on top?

Moosey,

Which Monkey Sports did you go to? I have had a few done at the store in Irvine. They cost $59.95 to do the jersey regardless if you buy it at the store or not. All the ones I took there were blanks that I bought some where else. The biggest thing to get is the "tackle twill" and name plate to make sure it likes the official one.

If you go to the Irvine one, ask for Jeremiah or a store manager. They will make sure you get it correct and at the correct price.

• 3 months later...

Im looking to get white ducks edge 1.0 jersey customized. It was used 07-08 and Cutting edge did the on-ice customization back then. Should I get it done there or should I go for Monkey Sports instead? Did Selanne use alternate captain's A? I found pics of him without A.