Selling fakes

hatryk

I know I am about to start a s*** storm (sorry slim ahead of time) but I'm sitting on 2 fakes that I was duped into buying. General consensus, is it ok to sell them on eBay if you state that it is not authentic and is a knockoff. We all know not everyone is crazy like us they would buy a piece of garbage for $20. So go....

Well you can get in trouble for doing that plus this is probably the wrong forum of saying your going to sell fakes.

I ended up with two fakes from early in my collecting career and frankly in my opinion, fakes are worthless so I surely didn't want to take someone else's money for them especially not if there was a chance they'd try to flip them as being real.

One I used to practice stripping off the lettering and then had plans to try to see if i could use it for nameplate material, but I eventually just threw it away. The second I gave to my brother to wear in mens league/pick up games, only after clearly explaining to him what it was and that under no circumstance was he to pawn it off as real.

Sell it and put it towards a gamer, you're going to do that anyway, Adam. You don't need our approval. Throw a middle finger to the world. #RollCapitalism

Yea, you're not allowed to sell them on eBay, even if you state that its a knockoff. You're not allowed to sell counterfeit merchandise on eBay, period.

I have a fake I was duped into as well. I've just sat on it. I'll probably end up donating it or wearing it for pick-up games or something.

If you're going to sell it, definitely be up front about it and say that its counterfeit. But I'm not sure where its legal to do that, as counterfeits are illegal by nature.

Ok, my 2 cents. If you must sell it, don't sell it on ebay. You really can get in trouble for that if you're unlucky enough to be caught.

If you do decide to sell it, sell it at the local yard sale or flea market. All those people care about is getting something for close to nothing. That way they will have the chance to look at the jersey in person before deciding to buy or not. If you actually pick up a jersey and look at it in person and still can't tell the difference in a real jersey and a knock off piece of junk or just simply don't care, well you deserve what you get.

Just my unsolicited opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm with Sec. If you MUST sell -- Yard sale. 99% of your customer base is looking for something for nothing and probably doesn't know or care one iota about counterfeit jerseys vs legit. You can inform them in person of what you're selling and they can put their own eyes & hands on the merchandise.

I like the practice sewing/stripping ideas, too.

craigslist or donate it to a charity...it's junk, but its' still clothing and with all the folks out there struggling to make ends meat it could help somebody out.

I took a fake to Goodwill and told them they are to put this on the racks and not in their glass case auction that I saw a fake North Stars jersey in one time. The staff blew me off when I told them they are auctioning off a counterfeit item and the manager told me because it had the fight strap it was legit.....sigh....

so every other day I would go up there to check and make sure they didn't put the one I donated in the case and to take thier binder for the auction and in big letters write over other people's bids and scribble on the paper "ITEM IS BOOTLEG! FAKE! DO NOT BUY!!!"

eventually they got tired of me and put it on the regular racks with the other stuff.

Donate to goodwill or Salvation Army.

second

Sell it to rangers fan and tell its a real jersey. Heck you might be able to tell em it's game worn and they might believe you..

See now that's just saying that Rangers fans are idiots, and that's uncalled for. Especially from a guy who is a fan of a team whose greatest accomplishment is its fans finding a way to turn the chicken dance into a "Rangers suck" chant :P

We can sit here for days on end on rants about fakes.

We all know it, they're horrible quality and inferior in general

But the jersey is yours, do whatever you want with it......trash it, paint your house with it....etc....

But if you do sell it, make sure that somehow that there can be no way it can be pawned off as real in the future

• 2 weeks later...