"Stats" Jerseys

ARightByRoy

I'm sure you've all probably seen a "Stats"- embroidered jersey. It's basically an authentic jersey with the player's stats embroidered on the negative space of the jersey. Lame.

Anyway, There is a particular jersey I'm interested in picking up, but I'd obviously want to strip all of the "Stats" junk off of it. Anyone have any luck removing all of that embroidering while keeping the integrity of the fabric. Thanks for the help.

Looks like a legit jersey to me, but the way those stats were done, you're going to probably ruin the jersey if you try to strip them. They're all embroidered in, rather than sewn-down twill letters or something similar.

You'll end up with lots of remnants of the stats I think.

Yeah Id say Im about 99% sure thats a fake. Its one of the 'well-made' fakes I mentioned, what a lot of people called "griffenfood specials". And you'd probably never get that off. Plus you can get that jersey for less than half the price and itll actually be authentic. Avoid imo.

Heres a signed Pro Player - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrick-Roy-Signed-Colorado-Avalanche-Jersey-/181103180288?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2a2a973a00

Authentic Avs Roy jerseys are pretty common. Im sure within the next month you can find the exact one youre looking for.

Yeah that Starter Roy is 100% fake. It looks like some bad version of airknit whereas Starter Avs jerseys were mesh.

There's a few Hawks and Cubs stat jerseys floating around sports shops here. They're authentic, I would never buy one to strip, the way they do the stats you probably would never get it out clean. They're cool for certain situations, like framing and throwing on the wall autographed but beyond that I would never buy one to wear...or buy one in general due to how much they charge for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Authentic stat jerseys are a waste of money and jersey. If I want stats I'll look them up on the internet or on the back of cards.

Obviously the whole point of "authentics" is wearing exactly what the player would wear...that being said...for autograph hounds like me...we don't want anything extra sewn on the jersey, but we pay 10.00 to 20.00 per "inscription" if the player writes a stat or achievement (HOF 99') on the jersey himself

Obviously the whole point of "authentics" is wearing exactly what the player would wear...that being said...for autograph hounds like me...we don't want anything extra sewn on the jersey, but we pay 10.00 to 20.00 per "inscription" if the player writes a stat or achievement (HOF 99') on the jersey himself

Drives me nuts paying for inscriptions. I've discovered depending on the signing you can sometimes get them to do it without paying the extra by just asking. Unless it's written in the deal somehow the players don't get the extra money from it. It's a cheap way for the stores to bring in extra cash for themselves, one bud of mine who runs a store and does signings says he just does it to pad the bottom line. They generally make bank off the initial ticket sale and extra sales they get from having people in the store, gotta figure if these places didn't make loads of money they wouldn't bother with signings.

Very true I always ask when I get to the player the only time you get screwed is on a private signing . I think Stat jerseys were just a fad I do not like them at all as they are way over priced .