Assistance needed from Flyers fans...

HockeyMusic

So I found this gem on Kijiji.....the guy sold it before I could get to it but I tracked it down......and it is now in my possession.

IMG_0666_zpsa7838230.jpgIMG_0667_zpsb8e8e2ee.jpgIMG_0668_zps631cc0c7.jpg

So comparing to some game worn jerseys from here...

http://www.gamewornhockey.com/eric-lindros.html

I was under the impression that this jersey could in fact be a game issued jersey.

Here was my reasoning....

1. The "88" in marker on the neck tag is consistent with the Nike gamers from the site.

2. No numeric sizing on the flag tag. It only says "Made In Canada". Retail jerseys would have a number here with its alpha equivalent.

3. Lindros did wear a size 58 with the Flyers, but on the site above, he also has a Lindros Ranger 9/11 gamer which is a 58G, so him wearing a goalie size jersey is not out of the question.

4. Customization seems to be spot on, and I know there have been back and forth discussion about getting Flyers fonts right on the forums....

There is no wear so this is not a gamer (plus Eric would sign his gamers on the back of the crest when he was with the Flyers)

The question here is, do I have a game issued Lindros Nike Alternate on my hands?

Ok. My humble opinion here:

By looking at the tagging, it should be from the 98-99 season. It may have been experimental or something that he requested to try on but did not prefer. The Nike 58's are pretty huge so I can't see why he would want something even bigger. From what I have heard, he wore a ton of jerseys throughout his time with the Flyers so I could see it being a back up of some sort. I know LeClair wore some goalie cuts in the CCM jerseys so maybe he tried it because of that.

The 88 on the Nike tag is consistent, but could have been placed there by anyone.

The captains "C" is the correct font and placed consistent with other gamers

The name font is correct for that period. It should have a matching Nike air knit plate as well.

The numbers are consistently placed and seem to be done by Ruberti's the Flyers customizer from that time frame.

Your best bet is to contact Milt Byron to see if he can pull any old lists to see if a Lindros Alt in a 58G existed. If that fails contact Stu at MeiGray and see if anything jogs his memory.

That is exactly why I asked.....I completely agree with the whole "the 88 on the neck tag could have been done by anyone" philosophy.....if someone wanted to fake a possible gamer/game issue that badly they could easily write the 88 in the neck.

It really matched will with the game worn on that website (almost exactly) so if it was doctored then they did a great job.

I will check with them

thank you!

Shouldn't the captains' C be two layer white on black? That just looks white to me. Also, a 58-G is MONSTROUS in Nike. I know Lindros was a mammoth himself but that even seems a liittle too much jersey for him.

My biggest question is about the NHLPA tag. Has anyone ever seen that on a game-worn jersey? I've always been under the impression that it was for retail stuff.

I've seen quite a few Nike Red Wings gamers with the NHL Player tag in the neck.

Stu at meigray is the flyers expert

Yes Sir.

Shouldn't the captains' C be two layer white on black? That just looks white to me. Also, a 58-G is MONSTROUS in Nike. I know Lindros was a mammoth himself but that even seems a liittle too much jersey for him.

My biggest question is about the NHLPA tag. Has anyone ever seen that on a game-worn jersey? I've always been under the impression that it was for retail stuff.

Should be a single layer c or a. The double layer started in 07-08. The NHLPA tag can be found in some Flyers gamers.

I think that jersey could be a legit GI. It's just that Milt handled their shirts back then and he may recall. Just be prepared for one word answers. Lol ! (Mike you probably know what I mean there)

The Leafs had the NHLPA tag in the neck on their gamers.

Oh yes, Milt was the king of the one word responses. Oddly enough though, he's the complete opposite in person.

I honestly have never seen an NHLPA tag in a collar before. That's pretty strange that either I just have never paid attention or I just don't care about the Leafs jerseys. RDR²!

Oh yes, Milt was the king of the one word responses. Oddly enough though, he's the complete opposite in person.

I honestly have never seen an NHLPA tag in a collar before. That's pretty strange that either I just have never paid attention or I just don't care about the Leafs jerseys. RDR²!

I see what you did there

rdrr-vi.jpg