Replicas with 'Authentic Status'

ScotiaCygnus

The lower level teams don't. There isn't any fighting anyway so I wouldn't see them as being required. I noticed it when I was interested in a Mexico game worn, it was too small so I ended up backing out from buying it.

Israel doesn't have them either. You've also got to be careful when you buy international jerseys like that that use letter sizing, because letter sizing overseas is usually smaller than over in the USA, so an XL over there is really an L over here.

Worldhockeyjerseys also sells women's gamers, is that an option?

NO NO NO Do not buy Swedish women's gamers to strip and make into a replica mens. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Israel doesn't have them either. You've also got to be careful when you buy international jerseys like that that use letter sizing, because letter sizing overseas is usually smaller than over in the USA, so an XL over there is really an L over here.

I guess I really am lucky now that I didn't pull the trigger then. I would have a very small Mexico jersey I wouldn't be able to move. Is there a size chart some where for these International lower level jerseys?

I had always assumed that the IIHF required fight straps, but from the digging I just did in their rule book, it's not mentioned.

As mentioned there is no real need for them. Outside of the top division that gets the whole shebang the teams usually wear Tackla or Nike replica-type jerseys.

How about some of the Winter Classic jerseys?

2008 Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres jerseys were only made in replica style (aside from game worns). I believe the 2010 game between Boston and Philadelphia also only had replicas (aside from gamers) available for retail sale.

all division 1 2 3 iihf teams wear tackla jerseys, which are usually fully sublimated , have no fight straps etc its been this way since 2003.. the sizes run a bit big , so if you wear a replica ccm large lets say.. buy a tackla medium jersey. as far as nike/sp goes the same idea. no fight strap etc. sometimes screened on logos . these would be considered authentics as well. its exactly what the team wore.

i like to call these jerseys " replithentics "

its very very very tough to find them in blanks with no name or number. without worldhockeyjerseys many collectos wouldnt be able to get these jerseys.. and the value of them would have probably stayed high :(

How about some of the Winter Classic jerseys?

2008 Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres jerseys were only made in replica style (aside from game worns). I believe the 2010 game between Boston and Philadelphia also only had replicas (aside from gamers) available for retail sale.

Aren't the Flyers current road jerseys the Winter Classic jersey with a different font?

Aren't the Flyers current road jerseys the Winter Classic jersey with a different font?

Same font, different nameplate material

so then unless it's like impossible to find a Winter Classic patch from that year, I think the replica of that really doesn't belong in this category

Unless you're referring to the NYR WC's. THOSE are few and far between.

Unless you're referring to the NYR WC's. THOSE are few and far between.

He's referring to the 2010 flyers WC.

He's referring to the 2010 flyers WC.

Got it. I forgot that Mr. Bettman has bestowed the honor of playing in the WC to the Flyers twice. I remember he did that for his BFF Sid Crosby though....

I actually saw a wildwing on ebay last night for $75 BIN when I was on my phone, when I went to buy it the ad was deleted (not sold), just missed out :(