Replicas with 'Authentic Status'

ScotiaCygnus

The title kinda gives it away. I wanted to compile a list of NHL replicas that are held in the same regard as some authentics. Obviously, if you're lucky enough to have an authentic then kudos to you - but having a replica is good enough for some. Here's where I've got to so far. Please add any that you think deserve a mention.

No point in adding the Bruins' 'Pooh Bear' or the Stars' 'Mooterus' because they can be picked up with relative ease. Some may say that a few of the 2003-04 Vintage jerseys deserve a mention, but I'll leave that for you to decide.

The Lightning and Coyotes thirds don't really belong on this list in my opinion. They're not that hard to come by.

The others are definitely in line with what you're going for though.

CCM re-issued the Canucks Red Alt has year (or maybe a year before that) and is available on SportsK.

Kind of a surprise that it was re-issued, but the Hockey Uniform database says it was used for two seasons unlike the one season BK's and Wild Wings.

I can probably say that the white version of the 03-04 rangers vintage series could be added since I don't see them pop up all that often.

I've seen replica TBTC's go for cheap. I'd say honestly the only real value/money/rarity in replicas is the BK and WildWing, which I still do not understand the desire to spend $400+ on a replica.

I can probably say that the white version of the 03-04 rangers vintage series could be added since I don't see them pop up all that often.

I have two (one game-worn) and I love them, but I really need a blue one if somebody wants to trade. ;)

I don't consider any replica's to be as good as an authentic.

The prices are high, but with just a little patience you can find almost any of these.

BK

Wild Wing

// End

Isles Fisherman authentics are all over the place -- one year was worn exclusively as home/away, another was worn half of the season home/away

CCM re-issued the Canucks Red Alt has year (or maybe a year before that) and is available on SportsK.

Kind of a surprise that it was re-issued, but the Hockey Uniform database says it was used for two seasons unlike the one season BK's and Wild Wings.

I was aiming more for the original and not the re-make. :thumbsup:

CCM re-issued the Bruins', Hawks' and Wings' TBTCs too, but I'd much rather have the original replicas. Having authentics would be even better, but I'd need to sell some organs to afford them. :P

PS. I'm the same, I'd much rather have an authentic. However, when you've not got a lot of cash coming in - having certain replicas instead will suffice.

I don't consider any replica's to be as good as an authentic.

The prices are high, but with just a little patience you can find almost any of these.

Authentic Wild Wings or Burger Kings? I don't think so.

Authentic Wild Wings or Burger Kings? I don't think so.

Game worns come available. Chow hound is selling a Wild Wing right now.

Game worns come available. Chow hound is selling a Wild Wing right now.

I believe that jersey for sale proves the point. If a scrub's game worn jersey has a price tag of $2,000 -- it makes sense that replicas in the same style are attractive. With enough patience, yeah, you can find pretty much any jersey (at least the team/style/year, if not the specific player), but spending multiple thousands of dollars on a jersey isn't feasible for a lot of collectors.

A replica is always a replica to me.One of the green Phoenix jerseys, game worn, just sold for $200 on facebook.

On Facebook?

I really only think Wild Wing and Burger King are there. There were some novelty ones that go for good money as authentics and occasionally fetch good money as replicas. I am stunned to hear that a PHX alt sold for $200 as a replica, lol, there was an authentic on here collecting dust at $100 and I've paid that or less for every one I have had. They didn't sell for huge amount of money either, like $175-$225, which is what that replica went for.

Most of them are just hard to find as authentics or styles that attract casual fans of the team IMO.

It has to be a pretty obscure, one-off thing to really gain steam. I wish they did those St Louis alts with all the crazy stuff going on, those would have gone for huge money because they would have lasted about one period.

How about the 1996-97 Edmonton Oilers white jersey with the navy blue/red/bronze shoulder yoke. It was a one-season wonder, the year when the white jersey was transitioning from the classic 1995-96 classic blue/orange shoulder yoke to the 1997-98 arm only-striping (no yoke).

Or the EDM alternate with that 5 river cog thingy?

Or the EDM alternate with that 5 rivet cog thingy?

I'll throw in with International jerseys. With the exception of Canada and the USA, there aren't even authentics produced for retail sale. To get an authentic you either need to buy a gamer or find a very rare team issue blank. Worldhockeyjerseys is great about listing gamers, but for guys like me who couldn't dream of fitting into a game worn 58 that just isn't an option. I'd be ok with a blue '06 Sweden replica, but even those never come up.

I'll throw in with International jerseys. With the exception of Canada and the USA, there aren't even authentics produced for retail sale. To get an authentic you either need to buy a gamer or find a very rare team issue blank. Worldhockeyjerseys is great about listing gamers, but for guys like me who couldn't dream of fitting into a game worn 58 that just isn't an option. I'd be ok with a blue '06 Sweden replica, but even those never come up.

Worldhockeyjerseys also sells women's gamers, is that an option?

Certain international teams have game worn jerseys that are without fight straps. So they are replicas that are game worn.

I had always assumed that the IIHF required fight straps, but from the digging I just did in their rule book, it's not mentioned.