new york rangers alternate liberty jersey

iceman91

hi just bought a reebok team issue blank alternate jersey 2005-2007. where can I send it to have it done correctly. looking to have a Jagr done up for those years. not sure if im doing an A or a C. also did they use a airknit nameplate im thinking no but maybe some rangers fans know. thanks

No nameplate for any pre edge rangers jersey. Mike or eps would be your best bets where to send it.

That would make a great Callahan #43 rookie jersey, but it's up to you. If you go with Jagr, I believe he wore both the C and A at different times in that jersey. As was already said, no nameplate at all for the pre-EDGE jerseys, and Mike would be the guy to talk to about getting it done properly. Keep in mind that the sleeve numbers were larger on the pre-EDGE jerseys.

yea I seen that he did. I just questioned the nameplates bc i was checking some gamers out for refrence and it looked like some had nameplates. i know eps but who is mike?

Mike's username here is Brilliant! He's done most of my jerseys, including a blue and a white Liberty, which you can see by clicking the link in my sig. The only issue is that when he ordered the kits, the guy sent him the smaller, EDGE sleeve numbers, which is incorrect. Just keep that in mind with whoever you use, and make sure to specify the larger, pre-EDGE sleeve numbers.

ok great thanks can eps do them correctly if specify about the larger sleeve #s. also do u know size of pre edge sleeve #s this my first rangers jersey so im not sure. you guys are great thanks

Well the pre-EDGE sleeve numbers were universal, it wasn't just the Rangers. The sleeve numbers were larger prior to 2007-08, so you'd need the larger numbers regardless of team. I don't have a pre-EDGE jersey with the correct size sleeve numbers so I can't tell you, but Mike would definitely know. Whether you use EPS, Mike or anyone else, make sure you specify that you want the larger pre-EDGE numbers. The only thing with EPS is that you need to give very detailed measurements, pictures of gamers etc so they know what you expect of them in order for them to do it correctly.

for some reason i don't see ur hockey jerseys just some baseball jerseys. so u think mike would be my best choice. i guess the rangers don't have team customizer to send them to

The current Rangers team customizer is Arena Wear, but they didn't do the Liberty jerseys, only the Edge style jerseys from 2007-08 and on.

Cosby's did do the Rangers jerseys in the early 2000s and possibly up until the Edge switch (never found confirmation of that myself - anyone know for sure?). EPS did the lettering for 3 of my Liberty jerseys shown below (EPS did the kits, Mike did the sewing). As DropKick said, they did initially send me smaller arm numbers, but Josh at EPS rectified the situation promptly.

rangers_liberty_graves_nyr75_b_sm.jpgrangers_liberty_leetch_911_b_sm.jpgrangers_liberty_straka_tfk_b_sm.jpg

they look great. u don't like how eps does the sewing? i haven't had anything done by eps yet. but as long as they do it right with the right size #s and correct lettering im happy

Any Reebok navy 3rd has to have semi kiss-cut lettering done. The Rangers used stacked everything from 1996-97 until 2003-04 but switched to kiss-cut after the lockout until the EDGE garbage came into effect.

Here's my Graves Liberty:

DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

Here's a direct link to my album with the rest of my hockey jerseys so you can see the Leetch white Liberty that Mike also did for me. He's also done my Lindqvist and Callahan IIIHF jerseys so you can get an idea of the quality of work. He's also done all of my baseball jerseys with the exception of the Jeter.

Anyway, I'm off the forum for the night. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Edit @ Mike - That's interesting, I never knew that and I can't see it on Matt's jerseys above. I always thought it was just layered like it's always been.

ok great thanks have good night ill pm u if i have qustions

hi mike i sent u a pm if ur interested in doing this jersey for me let me know. thanks jim

I haven't had anything done by eps yet. but as long as they do it right with the right size #s and correct lettering im happy

If you decide to go with EPS they should be able to do a nice job with the font on Reebok-era Liberty jerseys. You may wish to specify you want not just the larger sleeve numbers but also larger back numbers. If you do not specify anything they will probably give you 11 1/2" back numbers, which are too small. They should be just over 12", but I don't have an exact measurement- someone with a Reebok gamer may wish to chime in here.

Any Reebok navy 3rd has to have semi kiss-cut lettering done. The Rangers used stacked everything from 1996-97 until 2003-04 but switched to kiss-cut after the lockout until the EDGE garbage came into effect.

Wow that I didn't know. Just on the Liberties, right? Because I've seen a blue gamer from 2005-06 that I know wasn't kiss-cut.

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have that information prior to doing your Straka. Otherwise, I absolutely would have made you aware of it.

yea im gonna have mike do all the work on it from looking at evryone jerseys hes done