ebbets field flannels

00xtremeninja

i know a few users here have had good luck with them, but this seems realllllly shiny and not sure why they would do it in the dazzle mesh like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXL-Minnesota-North-Stars-replica-made-by-Ebbets-Field-Flannels-/380585960879?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item589cb0e5af

thoughts? These usually go for decent amounts when i have seen these on Ebay and curious to know why.

I have a 1968-69 Penguins jersey by EFF made of the same nylon material. Except for the material, it's an extremely accurate reproduction of the original.

I'm not an expert on the history of EFF, but I'd estimate this jersey, and mine, are approximately 10 years or more old.

I suspect the nylon jerseys were made before or during the period when EFF was merged with Stall & Dean. I've read that EFF founder Jerry Cohen was dissatisfied with the arrangement and eventually regained control of EFF and again went out on his own.

I do know that the hockey jerseys currently being turned out by EFF are made only of wool or acrylic. I have EFF jerseys made of both materials, and prefer the acrylic. It's a thicker weave than the wool.

The only reason I can come up with for why the EFF nylon jerseys command a good price on ebay is their accuracy. My Penguins jersey is spot on with the original, except for the material. It's didn't cost much. It was pretty much a throw-in when I bought one of the old EFF wool/acrylic blend 1967-68 Penguins road sweaters from a Pittsburgh guy via this message board. I love the material, but the 67-68 sweater has some serious accuracy issues.

right on, thanks for the information Lou. I looked up Durene gamers from the same era this is modeled after and the durene material appears to have a shine to it too, which i guess is why they went with the nylon material.

The old durene looked nothing like that stuff. It was definitely shinier than other stuff but not that much. This one looks like it was done in that Hi-Li Ice Sheen stuff that is just overly shiny.