'91 Neely AS on Ebay - My experience with delpiero

slimcutta

I saw this on ebay and decided, for $190 shipped, I would snatch it up -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cam-Neely-Boston-Bruins-AUTO-Wales-Conference-1991-NHL-All-Star-Jersey-CCM-48-/230932837763?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item35c4ab7583#ht_582wt_1251

But when I went to bid, ebay said I couldn't. At first I thought it was a location thing (international shipping), so I decided to message the seller.

I also checked my ebay saved sellers for his information because I knew he'd purchased jersey from me in the past, and noticed that I had a previous comment that the guy was a tool. I also had a note that I'd sold him an Islanders LaFontaine jersey (which jogged my memory), and that I'd given him a good deal on it. Actually, lol, looking back now, I kinda regret selling it so cheap, if at all. It was an '84 road mesh CCM, and it was pretty badazz! But I'm getting off track.

So here's how our back and forth went -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear del7piero,

Mr. Gannon,

I tried to bid on the Neely AS, but for some reason ebay won't let me :(

- cdelo6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear cdelo6,

no idea why it wouldnt let you... I can invoice you for $200 shipped to Canada and send it out tomorrow... let me know. you can send me paypal address.

Best,

Chris

- del7piero

Dear del7piero,

$175 + $15 = $190, lol.

Trying to squeeze an extra $10 from me? Geeez...

If you want it outside, my paypal is cdelo6 at yahoo dot com

- cdelo6

So about an hour later, I received a paypal invoice, and all systems were go. I was out for dinner at the time, saw the invoice on my cell, but figured I'd wait to get home.

Then, about 30 mins later, I get an invoice cancellation, and the following message, and this was our back and forth afterwards -

Dear cdelo6,

I pulled out of the deal. Jersey will sell for over that if I give it time.

- del7piero

Dear del7piero,

Ha! That's awesome...if ebay hadn't of blocked me for whatever reason, I would have already won the jersey for $190 and you would have made less because of ebay fees.

Do you remember buying the LaFontaine from me, and the deal I gave you?

I really don't mind people trying to make money/profit, but man I hate when fellow collectors are only in it for themselves, trying to make as much as possible.

Nice guy.

- cdelo6

Dear cdelo6,

"but man I hate when fellow collectors are only in it for themselves, trying to make as much as possible"

this makes no sense at all. I blocked you Ebay did not. I blocked you for some reason in the past- so I pulled out. Your feedback history towards others is out of line- and I do not want any part of it.

- del7piero

Dear del7piero,

Actually, it makes total sense...like I say, if I were able to bid, I would have won it for $190 shipped, and you would have had ebay fees on top of it. So you were cool with selling outside of ebay to get more money, but then all of a sudden you decide you want to try make even more money after getting no bids the first time around?

I'm rocking 1133 transactions with 100% positive feedback. If I left negative feedback for others, it was because I had a negative experience dealing with them, and the feedback I leave for others is always 100% accurate based on the transaction.

Besides, if you're selling it to me outside of ebay, I wouldn't be leaving you feedback anyways, right?

Who are you trying to convince, me or you? This has nothing to do with feedback, that's just your excuse for being greedy.

You've bought jerseys from me in the past, and you were really grateful when I gave you a good deal on the Islanders LaFontaine, so if you don't trust me, why would you buy from me?

You suck.

- cdelo6

Dear cdelo6,

Your way too aggressive and evasive for me. You could put in a paypal claim that what you received is not what you thought you were getting even on an invoice outside Ebay. I have a list of people that I do not deal with for a reason.

your comments "nice guy" "you suck" are the exact reasons that I stay away from agressive people on Ebay. I am 2015 and 100% -double what you are for a reason.

I have a daughter and I need money. This is a motivation of selling on Ebay. Nobody sells for the joy of giving to someone they do not know and will never meet. You sell to make money.

- del7piero

We went back and forth a few times after that, slinging mud, mainly about how I'm a stupid Canadian and he's now blocked all Canadians from bidding on his stuff, and how, when I see his daughter at the rippers, I'll be sure to throw her some extra money 'cause if she's anything like her dad...anyways, no need to copy/paste all that goodness, lol.

Just sharing this with the boards for 2 reasons:

1 - delpiero's a tool, fyi, but he does have some nice jerseys from time to time, so buyer be warned

2 - if someone else wants to snag that Neely, it's priced right and the last time it was listed it ended without a bid at $175

I was kinda with you until I saw the comments you made about his daughter. Slim gotta say I thought you were above that sort of thing.

Since he lives in a town that has an ice rink, I'm sure I play with/against him all the time and he's probably a jerk on the ice too. Lol

I was kinda with you until I saw the comments you made about his daughter. Slim gotta say I thought you were above that sort of thing.

Seriously. No matter what anyone says, that's immature and incredibly out of line.

ive been debating with myself on snagging that thing for a while. thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely avoid now. there are enough jerseys out there being sold by awesome collectors that I'll pass on giving my money to a moron like that.

Seriously. No matter what anyone says, that's immature and incredibly out of line.

Yup, absolutely agree, totally out of line, right?

But you guys have to understand something, whether you agree with me or not, I'm not trying to get you on my side and hate this guy. I'm only sharing the experience, as well as pointing out an opportunity to get a nice jersey at a great price.

Maybe you know the seller and he's actually a really great guy? Maybe he has a beautiful daughter who's an absolute angel and anything I've said couldn't be further from the truth, right?

So please be realistic - I don't know this guy whatsoever...I don't know his wife, his daughter, his mom, his dad, or even his aunt Betsy...you know, the one who always wears that purple polka dot dress at Easter.

I don't know his personality or disposition, what he does for a living, and I don't know if he has a tickle fetish, nor do I really care to know. All I know is he collects jerseys, and is selling one on ebay that I've shown an interest in purchasing.

So anything I say, no matter how dispicle or 'out of line' it might be, can't and certainly shouldn't be taken personally in any way/shape/form.

Like it or not, freedom of speech means you have the freedom to say horrible things.

cyber1-vi.jpg

Incidentally - if ever you go to a comedy club for a good time, and the comedian touches on something that's not to your liking, I highly recommend you just leave the club, no fuss, no muss, and don't take things personally. He, like me, doesn't know you, so take it for what it's actually worth - NOTHING!

...stupid oversensitive pc bs *slim mumbles to himself*

I agree about saying something about his daughter being wrong, but in Slim's defense, it's not as if he just happened to mention something about the mans daughter to bring her into it. The seller threw her under the bus by saying its her college fund, next pizza party, or whatever. That's a stupid thing to say to any potential buyer of anything on any market in the world. Slim didn't involve her, douchebag seller involved her.

I don't care who you are. What Slim said was funny. I lol'd. Am I a jerk? Possible. Am I heartless? Maybe. But c'mon. The guy was being a jackass. You are all telling me you guys are perfect and never say anything that crosses a line?

I agree about saying something about his daughter being wrong, but in Slim's defense, it's not as if he just happened to mention something about the mans daughter to bring her into it. The seller threw her under the bus by saying its her college fund, next pizza party, or whatever. That's a stupid thing to say to any potential buyer of anything on any market in the world. Slim didn't involve her, douchebag seller involved her.

I was gonna go there and say - hey, if he's gonna use his daughter as an excuse and tell a total stranger about her, then she's fair game, right? And ya, I now that's not fair to her...even if I don't know her.

Anyways, I'll shut up now. If you guys want to touch base on your experiences with this member, or other similar instances, then let's have at 'er!

But let's drop the 'I'm disappointed in you, slim' discussion, pls. I already know I'm going to Helll.

I'm far from a champion of political correctness ... I'm just saying taking shots at someone's kid is hitting below the belt ... there's a ton of ways to insult someone without going there ... but hey we all have different takes on what's out of line and what's fair game ...

In all hoensty i doubt you would say that about his daughter if you had kids. With that being said its the internet who cares what you say if some guy insulted My family on ebay i would

laugh it off because the guy does not even know me. I find your comment to be cruse and childish but very funny. Chris you are a jack arse but hey i love ya anyway!!!!

By the way is it Naslund time

Or what? And did you get ceheck out the pics of my man cave?

So please be realistic - I don't know this guy whatsoever...I don't know his wife, his daughter, his mom, his dad, or even his aunt Betsy...you know, the one who always wears that purple polka dot dress at Easter.

You don't know Betsy? She's great. Betsy is very easy to deal with off eBay, to boot. Btw, I thought Betsy was Jewish?

All I really know is that I hated this guy's daughter before it was cool.

^Now that right thur is funny shizzle. :P

Well if he's going back on a deal, is totally unreasonable and lets the situation descend into a squabble - that's when you have license to be a d---. Anything goes when it gets to that stage.

15wb7sn.jpg

TEAM SLIM!

This guy has messaged me before asking for deals. Never sold him anything, given my history of finding my jerseys on ebay at double the price when I've cut folks deals I stopped doing it.

Eh, we know what happens with some of these aggressive buyers. They hound for the low buy and then sell for a markup.

I suppose with what has been discussed on this board, that transfers over to those people who buy-out entire racks of clearance jerseys for big mark-ups. It happens, unfortunately. And it's too bad that they seem to get a leg-up on the sales since they read about it on here.