custom jerseys!

NYG JAY

Some consider that a jersey foul.

I have one from when my grandparents got it for me for Christmas as a kid. I wouldn't do it now. Too many good players that I'd rather get.

Those who consider it a foul presumably do so because you didn't actually play for the team.

For the obsessive detail freaks that many of us here are, it's a foul to have a misattributed jersey. So having an older player on a new style of jersey (Messier on a Rangers Winter Classic jersey etc.) makes our skin crawl. Even putting a player on a jersey that is the correct style, but has an incorrect neck tag (Rebook vector vs wordmark) can cause us to have fits. So purposely taking an innocent blank jersey and tarnishing it by putting your name on it is a sin. Doing that while using a "funny" name or a 6 followed by a 9 is even worse.

We know it's just fabric and some thread. We know it shouldn't be a big deal. We know there are more important things in life, but just not to us. We love jerseys. Like we really love jerseys. We know we have a sickness and we don't care.

(please take the above statements with big grain of salt, soaked in sarcasm)

The real challenge is to find a correctly attributed pro jersey with your last name on it. If your name is a common one, this is easy. For the rest of us, it's a bit more difficult, but therefore more rewarding. But it's hockey, a game full of weird names; if your last name is Tugnutt, Fukufuji, or even Mashinter we have a jersey for you.

I don't stop liking a player just because they got traded - most of the times it was out of their control. Even in the case of free agency you can't expect a player to turn down a lot more money to stay where they are, most of us wouldn't do that in our jobs.

My newest kick is to go back to the late 90s/early 2000s when I was just getting started and getting my favorite players. I like obscure jerseys. Once I find these CCM/Koho Isles, they are getting Cairns'd, Reichel'd, Czerkawski'd, etc. Half of the fans don't remember these people, but I do! It's fun to be different. Just because a player is no longer on the team, doesn't mean it isn't fun to wear their jersey!

but one thing that is upsetting lets say you buy that players jersey and the nexy day he is traded or involved in a terrible scandal it really would make it unenjoyable to wear

Every Rags jersey is unenjoyable to wear no matter what name you put on it.

. Even putting a player on a jersey that is the correct style, but has an incorrect neck tag (Rebook vector vs wordmark) can cause us to have fits.

oh god I don't think I could ever get to that point lol ...... ok maybe if I spend more time active on here I will :D

and for OP here you go enjoy a good laugh :) parents got it for me lol, I got a few signatures on it, I never wear it

1031.jpg

i guess you're right, im actually gonna buy a gaborik jersey from a fellow poster, i want a callahan too but they are hard to find with the C patch

Go to MSG and buy a Callahan. They'll have them with the C. Order from sportsk.com, or buy a blank and have it lettered. It's not that hard.

Oh that's lame, I haven't been to a game yet this year (going next Tuesday, and possibly next Thursday) so I just assumed they'd at least have a few Indo's sitting around, if not 2.0's since they're available.

The 5s should be dollar signs. :thumbsup:

So should the "s" in Ca$h. Lots to say here. Agree with Cash's comment on time spent posting here. I had big ideas when I started lurking, then posting here. Putting current players on old style jerseys, having jerseys done without nameplates, etc. Since posting here I've become much more aware of details and fouls. I still do have a couple of fouls, but those are SC patches on jerseys made by different companies and in different years than the team won the cup. I'm not too bothered by that, but the more I collect the more small stuff bothers me.

On the topic of players leaving the team, I'm torn a little. If a player is traded away or leaves as a free agent, I'm ok. But I would HATE to drop the money on a jersey and waste a blank for a player who doesn't live up to his potential or who holds out like a (Mr. O'Reilly, I'm talkin to you) for a contract he doesn't deserve and then demands a trade. I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on an O'Reilly jersey. But along the same lines if I do a Landeskog and he never really realizes his potential, I think I'd be disappointed in the investment too. I like NYIJM's idea of older players, obscure or not. They've proven their worth, made their contributions, won their cups, solidified their places in their teams' histories.

^thats why I like having as many different players on all my jerseys. When I was searching high and low for an authentic Rangers WC jersey, I only wanted Richards, Lundqvist, Callahan, or Rupp on it. I bought Brilliant's Stepan jersey, and actually love the fact that he's on it. If he got traded after this season, he still had a spot on the roster when the Rangers played the 2012 Winter Classic. I love players that have played for a few seasons and kept going in their careers.

Yeah. No Indos, and 2.0's are nowhere to be seen at MSG.

MSG has some Indo's and 2 Gaborik Vector Heritage authentics in size 56

My last name is Daigneault-Sillinger so I dont have to worry about jersey fouls. :doh:

But in all seriousness, it is your jersey so put your name on it if you like. We are a niche group of collectors and we are all far more particular than most. For the average fan, most dont care if you have your name. It doesnt hurt to have one or two with your name on it. A whole collection? Then maybe it is a bit egotistical but whatever floats your boat. Just remember that you dont have to listen to everyone here and just be happy with what you have if you like it.

I am very particular now after being here a while and I can say that I am a jersey snob now and will not foul my stuff up if I can avoid it!