AHLstore.com customizing...terrible experience!

Curry1fan

Has anyone ever gotten an AHL jersey from the official AHL store (ahlstore.com)? I went to them b/c a couple of years ago, the WBS Penguins team store failed to even do a custom job for me...sending my jersey to the totally wrong place, so I never got the lettering done and had to play phone tag with our merchandise manager to get my money back. I used the AHL store at Christmas to order a custom player t-shirt for my friend's daughter and it came out great, so I figured that since I wanted a new replica, I would use them.

Well, I waited five weeks for my jersey (after they said on their website it was 3-4 weeks), and finally it came today. The jersey is of one of my favorite players, Robert Bortuzzo, who has since been called up to Pittsburgh but he spent the lockout portion of the year in WBS. I've always liked him so I decided to get the jersey done. Anyway, when I opened the box, I was furious to discover that wherever the AHL store sends their jerseys to, the custom job was completely botched. It wasn't even customized to WBS specifications, so now I have a jersey that I paid $190 for that is unwearable. I am very picky and will not wear anything with a poor/incorrect custom job.

Check out some of the photos I took that I sent to the AHL store customer service today. I was pretty upset, so it was a strongly worded e-mail, including me scolding them for selling league merchandise and sending jerseys to a company that doesn't even have correct AHL team specs on hand (it was sent to a company in Buffalo; that's where the package came from). I usually try to be the pleasant customer (I have worked in customer service), but after seeing the jersey, I was pretty upset...especially when you consider that even replicas are a substantial amount of money these days.

First, the Bortuzzo jersey done incorrectly:

Bortuzzonumbers_zps70fefe20.jpg

Bortuzzoback_zpsa2dd88de.jpg

The second set of pics is how the customizing should have been done. I took pictures of a WBS game worn jersey my friend got me for Christmas in the same home/white style. I will also note that although this jersey is from last season, the team hasn't changed its customizing specs, so it still should have been done like this.

Grantnumbers_zps160cdcf6.jpg

Grantback_zps46f5c695.jpg

I am honestly praying I can get a refund because I can't even think of any instance where this is acceptable. Either that or a correctly done jersey free of charge.

I'd be pissed too if I was sent a Penguins jersey.

What has the AHLStore customer rep said?

To the first comment...very funny... :thumbsup:

Second of all, they did not reply yet. I was on lunch break when I sent the e-mail, and I can only imagine what the sucker on the other end thought when he/she saw me yelling at them...

It looks like they just did it with the Pittsburgh specs instead of the WBS ones. I thought the AHLStore sent it to Cutting Edge but I'm not sure they would screw it up that badly since they should know the Penguins pretty well. In my experience the AHLStore had pretty good customer service so they should take care of you one way or another.

I would imagine the lettering shop would take it back to re-do it (Custom Crafted has gotten a couple of my shirts back, one of which they held onto for a few months until I made another order :lol:).

And I echo Guam's sentiment about Cutting Edge. They're not ignorant enough to just slap a Penguins font on their minor league counterpart, or at least I don't think they are. That, and they use kiss-cut letters and numbers, while yours are stacked. I'd say get your money back for lettering (or the whole thing) and send it to the team lettering supplier. Or really get on them and get all your money back.

I e-mailed the AHL Store in hopes of getting all my money back. I own Pittsburgh jerseys too and it looks like the customizer just slapped it with Pittsburgh specs. The return address on my package says Action Spot Sports Enterprise in Buffalo. Anyone ever hear of them? This is the first I have...

Just like the game on Sunday and the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal game, you could count on Buffalo to screw it up.

It's Jersey Express.

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en-US&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=Action+Spot+Sports+Enterprise&btnG=Google+Search&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=

Got an e-mail back from the AHL customer service rep this morning. He said they'll be in touch with the customizer to see if my jersey can be re-done to the specs on the WBS gamer I sent them. Once he hears from them, I'll get an answer. Fingers crossed!

As much as I like the Pittsburgh font (though I know its oh-so-wrong on a WBS jersey) because of the glacier twill, I always loved the super-clean look that those WBS jerseys font had with that white middle layer. Good luck!

Bumping back up.

I received a shipping label this morning to get the jersey back to Jersey Express, and they will fix the customizing on it for me. The AHL Store customer rep also gave me a 15% refund, which comes out close to $30, and they are paying for the shipping for the jersey to go back to Buffalo. Although I am disappointed the jersey may not be fixed before the season is over, it is still better than nothing, and I have plenty of others to wear. Not much complaining here!