Hey Guys!

NYG JAY

Just joined today, i started watching the nhl this season and felt like kicking myself because im a NFL fan for years and i love the contact, but man hockey is insane, my favorite team in hockey is the rangers, and i joined to see if my fellow nhl fans can help me with information and tips on where to get a rangers jersey, i was thinking of customizing but i had bad experience with my nfl custimaztions so i dont know. any tips or help is appreciated, cheers!

Welcome!! Great place this is, you'll learn a lot if you stick around.

Some questions:

1. Do you want a replica (cheaper- in quality and price), an authentic (exactly what the players wear) or a game-worn (worn by a player on ice) jersey? Price (and size if you're looking to wear it) may be a determining factor here.

2. What kind of jersey/player- current roster or a mid-90's style/player?

ok, thanks and idk the difference between the 2 but i would like an authentic, i just started watching hockey so idk if ima get a players jersey, i heard callahan is good though, size medium and 200 bucks? i wouldnt mind a gretzky rangers jersey either :D

Rangers and Giants. :) welcome aboard! There are a lot of authentics for sale on eBay, but they can be tricky to pick out in the beginning because of all the fakes. Some of us have authentics for sale in our sales thread if you look. (Hint, hint) ;)

i woulda def bought the gaborik jersey you have but im like a 46 or 48 :( also idk im thinking of getting a blank so i can customize, how good are the customizations for hockey jerseys especially rangers one

Callahan is great. Hard working player with good skills and work ethic who is well respected.

With respect to size, authentics come in numbered sizes (46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60) and replicas come S, M, L etc. How tall are you/how much do you weigh? I'm 5'5', 135 so I wear a 46 and in a pinch can get away with a 50. They get wider and the sleeves get longer as the sizes go up. In general, the width (armpit to armpit) is roughly 1/2 the size (a 46 is 23" wide).

The next question will address how authentic do you want? Most of the retail NHL jerseys on sale now are made in Indonesia (known as Indo-EDGE). These are NOT what the players wear; those are made in Canada and can be obtained but not through NHL.com, at MSG etc. They may cost more than $200 as well. I prefer the actual jerseys the players sport so I avoid replicas and the Indo's.

i woulda def bought the gaborik jersey you have but im like a 46 or 48 :( also idk im thinking of getting a blank so i can customize, how good are the customizations for hockey jerseys especially rangers one

Just a heads up in the new Edge jersey there is no such thing as a 48, so if you find a 48 it's a fake. Before buying something off ebay I recommend posting it in the "Is It Good Or Not" thread as there are many helpful people here to get you a good jersey

As for customization, most people try to goto the team customizer, in this case would be Arena Wear, which can be sent there through going to the NHL store in New York and requesting it be there and have it sttched (they also offer an in house heat press option which is not recommended). If you don't live near there then another option is to mail the jersey to customizers like IceJerseys, EPS, etc although as you'll learn no one gets every one 100% correct (even team customizers)

I agree. How tall are you? The sizes over the years and various model jerseys vary tremendously. Have you tried any replica jerseys at Ranger games or sporting goods stores?

well i never tried any nhl jerseys, but i am 5'9, 200ilbs, and wow i didnt know jerseys get made in different places, i feel like im lost but you guys are awesome, so ccm is the best type of jersey. also im from NY so msg isnt a problem.

well i never tried any nhl jerseys, but i am 5'9, 200ilbs, and wow i didnt know jerseys get made in different places, i feel like im lost but you guys are awesome, so ccm is the best type of jersey. also im from NY so msg isnt a problem.

I am the same height and weight as you. I like my jerseys to be a bit loose, so I wear a 54 in authentics and I prefer XXL in premiers, but XL fits ok.

im aasking too many questions, but what's a 1.0 and all that jazz lol. and i like my jerseys a little more fitted but then again thats nfl jerseys never wore a hockey one.

Go with a 52 authentic or XL premier then.

1.0 refers to the jersey material. There is a long post on here that explains it all. Just do a search. It will be more than you ever wanted to know!

i was thinking of customizing but i had bad experience with my nfl custimaztions

Considering you can't buy blank NFL jerseys and have them customized, I really don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, I assume you're in NYC. You might as well just go to the Garden, the merch stands on the plaza are open until 3 every day and 7 on game days. At least they used to be, I haven't been yet this season so maybe someone else can confirm. Go with Callahan or Lundqvist like everyone else.

If you're looking for older jerseys, your best bet is either here or eBay, but if you're going to get something off eBay, check with us first to make sure it's legit.

You'll easily fit into a size 54 edge Gaborik or Lundqvist jersey! ;)

I agree. If you want a Rangers home jersey you are not going to find a better deal on an authentic with correct customizing, and these should fit you well.

LOL at NYIJ yea been a gmen fan since the 90s and just became rangers fan, i take it ur a mets and islanders fan haha n the jets ugh. thanks for the welcome bro!

Any time! Haha no. I'd be even more miserable if I was a Mets fan too! It's Isles, Jets, Yanks, (Nets, but I really don't watch basketball. I hate every team that plays in the Garden)