Best Photomatched Gamers

enzo269

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I totally forgot I had this one.

Sweet! Love the Zed Panthers!

I'm having a hard time finding a match for the true #49 white rookie Preds jersey .... my 05-06 Klein. The preseason pics don't show any marks and the video I've found of him in the one regular season game is so low resolution the numbers barely show.

Can you tell me where do you find picture in large size to photomatch ?

I only know getty image but they are all small... so it's more difficult to photomatch :(

It really depends what era you're trying to match. Newpapers, magazines, 8x10 shots,Getty, AP images, trading cards, video captures, photo hosting sites for amateur photos from games, team photo galleries ....

Sometimes you can contact the photographer who holds the rights to the image and they will provide a better resolution copy of the photo. It all depends on the photographer.

I might have to pay $45 for a high resolution copy of a picture to photomatch a shirt to a player other than the one who's name remains on the shirt ..... the 2nd of three players I know of to wear it as it went through the ECHL recycling program.

Can you tell me where do you find picture in large size to photomatch ?

I only know getty image but they are all small... so it's more difficult to photomatch :(

I dont know what everyone uses, but i know that Flickr has fairly large photos,

as does elibrary (http://elibrary3.bigchalk.com/elibweb/elib/do/login User: W410HMTSIH Password: welcome)

Some of the game matches on this are great. Unfortunately my Rucchin gamer doesn't have many distinguishing marks, am still happy to know that he was wearing it when he scored the OT goal in this game. http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=230416025

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd share this one of a jersey I picked up awhile ago. Doesn't get much better than having Joe Beninati describe the photomatched tear :) It's hard to see here, but it is between the numbers and curls around the 0. It's about a 12 inch repair, repaired with fabric tape and stitching. The shoulder repair is from another fight earlier in the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGKUpf1MBOI

2009-10%20CBJ%20Jared%20Boll%20Road%202-

Thought I'd share this one of a jersey I picked up awhile ago. Doesn't get much better than having Joe Beninati describe the photomatched tear :) It's hard to see here, but it is between the numbers and curls around the 0. It's about a 12 inch repair, repaired with fabric tape and stitching. The shoulder repair is from another fight earlier in the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGKUpf1MBOI

Awesome video to go along with your jersey. I had forgotten May was still around in 2009.

Edit with a fun fact: That was May's penultimate NHL fight in a long, long list of them.

Edited by Bobcat1988

2013-14 Brad Richards set 1 road photomatched to bloodstains on torso.. :)

ealw.jpg

hi8t.jpg

qu0x.jpg

• 1 month later...

post-21626-0-51912000-1403448760_thumb.j
this is a photo match me and an acquaintance (mainly him) have managed to get of my Leo Komarov Leafs alternate jersey used soley in the play offs

apart from a couple of other marks like that along the front of the jersey a twisted lace and a few loose threads on the crest word mark and the sleeve this is the best we have come up with

Edited by DJ Rhea

I'm not sure anyone can say whether that can be used as a photo can without also looking at the jersey.

I also bought his playoff alternate jersey from real sports and traded it with Reyn (oxbo)

The main thing I noticed is that the nameplate was crooked but couldn't find any photos from the back