Best Photomatched Gamers

enzo269

I would imagine a reference would be to show a player wore a certain style, but not necessarily that exact jersey. In this case it would be that exact jersey, but just not showing a mark, either because it was the first game the set was worn, or because it's a dark colored jersey that doesn't show wear easily.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought photo reference meant you have a mark or some characteristic which may be a match, but it's not conclusive enough to be certain. If there are no marks, then all you have is a photo.

Maybe that term has more than one usage, but I was referring to what I believe game worn jersey collectors are talking about when you have, say, a thread showing or a very small mark that is not distinctive enough to conclusively be a positive match. In your first post about this, I thought you were talking about photomatching damage on a jersey as visual proof the player wore that actual jersey, not just that particular style.

Wear all of your jerseys at the same time and post a picture. Proof enough for me.

Just remember to put the 52s under the goalie cuts.

Wear all of your jerseys at the same time and post a picture. Proof enough for me.

Just remember to put the 52s under the goalie cuts.

I was going to do this for the stadium series game at Yankees Stadium. 52, 54, 56, 58 2.0 then do 6100 54, 56, 58, and 58G

Magazine photo-match - from mid 90's Tuff Guys Magazine

001_zps233fc14a.jpg

Tough to see since this is a photo of the picture from the magazine, so I circled the red paint transfer match

002_zps8fd33302.jpg

001_zps5223c720.jpg

Haha reminds me of this video from the Blackhawks Convention:

I have been able to photomatch fair share of Jokerit game worns in my collection.

I still feel like one in above the others. It's because of the historical value of the jersey and due to the fact that photo material from Finnish Elite league from that era is very very limited.

From 72-73 season. Game worn Jokerit home jersey #19, worn by goalie Jorma Valtonen. Jokerit won franchise's first championchip during that season and jersey is photo matched to picture of post game celebration.

7273valtonenmatch.jpg

Another cool match that I want to show. Although it's not jersey and item is no longer in my posession.

Wayne Gretzky game used Team Canada stick from 1982 WC games held in Helsinki Finland.

Used in game against Germany. Story of the stick is cool too. Young boy received it from Wayne after the game and got it signed.

After that it was burried in basement closet for almost 30 years before I aquired it in 2011. Even more amazing is that his basement

had been broken into several times over the years. But never any of the burglers gave second look to old sprayed out hockey stick.

Eventhough it most certainly was most valuable item in there :)

match_small.jpg

Just sold this one ... the approximately 2" repair on the chest made this Drakkar jersey easier to match than many NHL shirts.

06-07TousignantBaie-Comeau3.jpg11%25281%2529.jpg

2012-13 Hal Gill with clusters of repairs on both sleeves.

12-13GillSet11.jpg12-13GillSet1Photomatch.jpg

2009-10 Andrew Hutchinson ... worn all season including the Calder Cup Finals ... matched to black mark through "Texas" on the shoulder. Still captured from playoff highlight video.

2009-10AndrewHutchinsonroadblackwCalderCHutch_video_capture_shoulder+marks.jpg