Best Photomatched Gamers

enzo269

I think the satisfaction of photomatching a gamer is one of the best aspects of our hobby.. I have photomatched several of mine, but I have found it much more difficult to photomatch the NY Rangers home blue sweater. One of the reasons is MSG is fairly dark compared to other arenas. I was able to photomatch my Prospal gamer with the V shaped team repair near the nameplate which I thought was great... Post your best photomatched gamer... I would love to see them!

prospal5.jpg

prospal.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Giroux photo match!

Although the shirt is associated with a pretty painful loss, this Cup run was easily one of the best times of my life. I'm sure other Canuck fans can relate.

It was a real easy photo match.

IMG_0812.jpg

Kesler-Photomatch.jpg

I absolutely HATE that it's signed on the back number.

This is great!! Keep em coming!! Great photomatched gamers!!

Marks on the 4 ...

anisimov_2-9-2012_back.jpg

e9g3r4.jpg

9s8chx.jpg

Video of when I think the marks got there, Lecavalier's failed hook right before the pass to Richards for the OT winner

Nice Artie photomatch Akteon!

This is my personal favorite photomatch. I got Martin Erat's set 1 jersey last year. It came at the end of the season because the Preds hold them as a backup set.

It has a really nice stick mark right down through the tooth on the front.

2n6adr6.jpg

erat-f.jpg

The best part though, was finding a photomatch in the playoffs! Then having MeiGray confirm via the Equipment Manager that he rotated in his jerseys through different periods. Pretty cool.

Playoff shot-

18nc4y.jpg

I only have a couple gamers, but my first NHL gamer got a solid photomatch on it

P1020832.jpg

P1020841.jpg

136868315-andrew-cogliano-of-the-anaheim138173754_slide.jpg

07IMAGE1-1_zps707b9931.jpg

3CIMAGE1-1_zpsbfbe1d27.jpg

I'm on vacation right now. But when I get home, I'm dying to actually try matching my gamers because of this thread!

My favorites are the ones that can be matched to the hockey cards. I really enjoyed this thread.

I agree 100% - thats totally the coolest thing to have. I have an Erat one on my shelf at home. Pretty sweet.

Ok, my next one is not really a photo match unless I can get a high resolution pic of this. It's the only pic (actually it's a trading card) of McEachern wearing the "A" on a 1999-00 away jersey. The jersey itself has more than 20 repairs but couldn't find any in the pic.

OTT_1999-00_McEachern_away_front.jpgOTT_McEachern_Playercard.jpg

KimMartin2010Olympicgame-worn3681x1024_z

Definitely my favorite gamer. Tons of wear for a womens jersey and the easiest photo match ever.

This isn't quite what you're asking for in this thread, but I think it's neat because I own both jerseys in the photo, and both can be matched. it's hard to see without the high res version, but trust me that they both match. The York to the discoloration on the right elbow and the Prospal to the huge repair on the back left shoulder.

142042753-allen-york-is-congratulated-by

7511779960_43aeb9fbee_z.jpg

7423371506_3bc17b2b14_z.jpg

I just found this and I am ecstatic. I was too excited to wait until tomorrow (jersey is at home) to get a better picture of the match to post this. Obviously the stain under the crest.

2jew9qo.jpg

E922B126-FD27-4EDF-AA4B-689F751F5F5E-749

Contacted the LA Times trying to get a blown up copy already. I really hope they'll help me out with that. What i'm wondering is what in the hell does Gagne do during warmups?

Looks like you're never going to be able to wash this one now! :P