Rangers trade Rupp to Wild...

DropkickMurphy8

i am not a big Ranger fan myself so i cant say i know the team all that well but looking at this deal in combination with losing Prust i feel the Rangers have lost a lot of team toughness. Also i got to watch the Blue Jackets play and for all those people( me including) that thought Scott Howson got fleeced i say "NOT SO QUICK MY FREIND" Arti and Callahan are doing pretty good and Arti in particular looks like a solid acquisition while Rick Nash has for NOW 2 goals playing big minutes.

A lot of people said Nash was the most overrated player in Hockey they said he wasnt even as good as Heatley, i willsay this he looks much bigger (fatter) and less quick.

I'm thinking Powe is better on the PK and less of a defensive liability than Rupp. Palmieri is headed to the Whale so maybe one day he becomes a 3rd line forward.

Not sure about Miller's role.

i am not a big Ranger fan myself so i cant say i know the team all that well but looking at this deal in combination with losing Prust i feel the Rangers have lost a lot of team toughness.

Agreed.

About the toughness. I am a big Ranger fan.

Arti and Callahan are doing pretty good

Well considering you got Anisimov and Dubinsky, I'd say you don't know the Jackets too well either :P

I was able to watch Columbus while I had a free preview of Center Ice for about 2 weeks and I agree that Artie looked really good. Nash I didn't get to watch play enough with Columbus but with all the hype, he hasn't scored. I'll give him credit though, he's made some sweet passes that either turned into goals or great chances. I particularly liked the flip pass to Gabby for the empty netter a couple games back. I just don't see how we're going to be able to get any secondary scoring when all our thunder is on one line. The whole toughness thing scares me, getting rid of Avery, losing Prust and now trading your big man kind of takes the intimidation factor out.

As far as Miller, I'm excited to watch him play after watching him in the World Juniors.

Not a bad deal, I saw Powe quite a bit for the Flyers. Smaller but plenty physical with solid defense and good work on the PK. He is a plugger. Those Princeton guys will do anything to stay in the league.

I saw Nash quite a bit and I like his game. I think he may have gotten complacent recently, conditioning is not ideal. He has great hands. He is not so much fast as he is powerful, he can be pretty explosive though. I have seen him beat two defenders on the rush pretty regularly, also has a quick release on passes and shots alike. They definitely got the best player in that deal but he comes with a high price tag in every sense.

Well considering you got Anisimov and Dubinsky, I'd say you don't know the Jackets too well either :P

I was able to watch Columbus while I had a free preview of Center Ice for about 2 weeks and I agree that Artie looked really good. Nash I didn't get to watch play enough with Columbus but with all the hype, he hasn't scored. I'll give him credit though, he's made some sweet passes that either turned into goals or great chances. I particularly liked the flip pass to Gabby for the empty netter a couple games back. I just don't see how we're going to be able to get any secondary scoring when all our thunder is on one line. The whole toughness thing scares me, getting rid of Avery, losing Prust and now trading your big man kind of takes the intimidation factor out.

As far as Miller, I'm excited to watch him play after watching him in the World Juniors.

LOL my bad i meant to say Duninsky hahahha

• 3 weeks later...

I liked Rupp when he played for Pittsburgh. He was a good player on the 3rd or 4th line. Reliable enough to count on for a goal here and there. I think cost was the reason he left. But the Wild are getting a guy who should contribute.