Game on

sungod661

F(&^*** FINALLY!!!!!! I just looked at Twitter and saw it and screamed. There just might be a god after all. LETS GO RANGERS!

For all of the anger directed at Bettman during this, look at what the final result is. Fehr and the NHLPA agreed to things that were proposed months ago ... 50/50 split, contract length limits, cap rollback next season.

Completely agree. Most of my anger/blame has been on the NHLPA/Fehr.

Fehr was a cancer for the MLB and has shown himself to be no better for the NHL. It would be interesting to learn what brought about the change in the NHLPA's stance that resulted in their agreement to offers made in October. Perhaps Don Cherry was right about what would happen if the union were to put the owners' offers up for a secret vote.

Not that Bettman isn't a schmuck ... but he's a schmuck with bosses who drive his actions and in the end, his bosses got what they wanted.

Rangers suck!

Yeeah... Sure... :rolleyes:

Oiler domination to follow! Can't wait!

Probably not this year, but they are very close... That team may be a juggernaut in the very near future.. Trouble is they wont be able to sign all their young stars when their contracts are up..

Oilers will be a 500 team, shults is unproven but looks like the real deal,Nugent hopkins is solid, Eberle is the best of the bunch and i think the oilers missed the boat on the Tyler vs Taylor draft.....Tyler Seguin is a better hockey player then Taylor Hall and will have a much better career and people comparing Taylor Hall to Mark Messier need to go get their heads evaluated immediately.

Oilers still have a bunch of holes including in goal! No depth at "D" Oilers are a good young team should be aplayoff team this year or just miss the playoffs but far from a power house.

Also i think they can do better job in the draft they have whiffed on quite a few picks despite drafting very high the last 5 years

2008 draft only Eberle is projected to make the team

2009 draft year is a complete bust highlighted by Magnus Paajarvi not one player from the 2009 draft is projected to make the team!

2010 supposedly a great draft for the oilers will produce likely zero regulars for this year.

I dont see where the dynasty talk comes from....

I'm super glad....but now I'm back to figuring out how to watch every game while being a dad/husband/go out with friends. The wife told me last night we're going out to dinner with friends on 1/19. I told her this morning "no we aren't!"

Lol.

Some annoyed fans out there! Getting dirty looks wearing my Datsyuk 2.0 out here in Hamilton today.

I got dirty looks wearing my Selanne 3rd yesterday. I was a day early but Selanne called it.

I blame Bettman as I always have and will continue to do so. Remember a "lock-out" isn't a strike.

Regardless, my happiness for hockey returning is tempered by realizing I will soon have to see Aaron Asham wearing a Rangers jersey :angry:

Fehr was a cancer for the MLB and has shown himself to be no better for the NHL. It would be interesting to learn what brought about the change in the NHLPA's stance that resulted in their agreement to offers made in October. Perhaps Don Cherry was right about what would happen if the union were to put the owners' offers up for a secret vote.

Not that Bettman isn't a schmuck ... but he's a schmuck with bosses who drive his actions and in the end, his bosses got what they wanted.

Couldn't disagree with you more. The owners actually are the ones who caved at the end to get the deal done. Say what you want about Fehr but his job was to get the players the best deal he possibly could and you can't agrue that any offer the owners put up was better then what the players finally got.

This was a lockout started by the owners who stuck to a gameplan. The season was never really in jeopordy and I guarantee the owners knew all along that a deal would be done at this point in the season. The deal we have now could have been negotiated two months ago if the owners were actually interested in starting the season two months ago but alas the owners were only interested in making take it or leave it offers and dying on hills only to make better deals later on.

You know what i kind of like this 48 game season thing just enough to get me into it and wanting more, i find 82 games drags on and on.....playoffs almost go till august for petes sake!!!

this is great i got to watch my Bengals get eliminated and 2 weeks later i get hockey!!!

By the way you guys are both wrong both sides are to blame both are greedy and care very little for the fans, the owners hardly caved and the players knew they had no choice but to go 50/50 because that was the only hill the nhl was ready to die on!!! In the end the players and owners get there money and we the fans suffer....Both sides suck

By the way you guys are both wrong both sides are to blame both are greedy and care very little for the fans, the owners hardly caved and the players knew they had no choice but to go 50/50 because that was the only hill the nhl was ready to die on!!! In the end the players and owners get there money and we the fans suffer....Both sides suck

Agree. I just blame the owners more. This deal should have been done in August so both sides should be ashamed of themselves for what happened.

Whatever they do to try and make good just please don't start that "thank you fans" bullcrap. It's very clear neither side gives a rats Arse about the fans so just play and leave it at that.

That's why I won't be going back this year. Maybe...MAYBE for the home opener to keep my streak alive but after that, nothing. They can eat it.

Couldn't disagree with you more. The owners actually are the ones who caved at the end to get the deal done. Say what you want about Fehr but his job was to get the players the best deal he possibly could and you can't agrue that any offer the owners put up was better then what the players finally got.

This was a lockout started by the owners who stuck to a gameplan. The season was never really in jeopordy and I guarantee the owners knew all along that a deal would be done at this point in the season. The deal we have now could have been negotiated two months ago if the owners were actually interested in starting the season two months ago but alas the owners were only interested in making take it or leave it offers and dying on hills only to make better deals later on.

The players lost what ... about 45% of this season's salary based on pro-rating to get the core of the owners' October and November proposals? In their "caving", the owners got the 50/50 from the October proposal (which the union then included in a counter made over a month later), capped contract length, capped salary deviations across a contract, a "make whole provision" that is $4 million closer to what they offered than the union's counter-proposal (upped to the agreed upon $300mil by Dec 5th), can trade cap space (a management proposal) ... in return the NHLPA got to keep free agency where it was in terms of age and starting date each year on the calendar.

If you compare the offer the players would have had to take in October to save a complete season against what they recevied now it was absolutly worth losing half of a seasons pay compared to what they would have lost over the life of the C.B.A.

I didn't mean for my post to sound as if the players had absolutly no responsibility in this because they did but I just put more of the blame on the owners for how they conducted themselves right before the c.b.a expired and during the negotiations. It was pathetic to put it bluntly.

The players need to appreciate the fact they are getting paid to play a kid's game. The owners are the ones risking actual money. The players knew what they were doing/getting into when they hired Don Fehr. Both sides are wrong. The fans and arena employees were the ones getting screwed. I hate both sides.