gameworn.net trouble

sec

Anybody else have trouble regestering with them? I regestered and they gave me a password, but when I try to log in it tells me it hasn't been confirmed yet. This has been over a month now. Tried to call like it says but there is never anybody in the office.Keep getting that bleeping answering machine. I've left messages but still nothing.

Haven't really cared until now as the forum seems to be a bunch of rich yankees bickering among themselves. I would like to post my want list to a different audience but right now somebody has a T-Blades Christmas jersey for $200. That is my main concern.

If you want to buy a jersey from a member there, can you not just e-mail them directly? The members' e-mail addresses are accessible to anyone, even non-members.

Thank you. Didn't know that.

You're welcome. Btw, I hope my previous post didn't sound sarcastic, I didn't mean it that way. :) Good luck, I hope you can get what you're looking for.

I've requested an account several times over the last couple of years and even emailed the guy who runs the place and never got a response. Not sure what's up with it but I've generally just emailed the folks directly like posted. Maybe they don't really want new folks.

I had some trouble as well but finally got an account. And the best part was that I joined b/c I was seeking an Adam Graves retirement night warm up jersey and within a week or so of posting, Brilliant!/Mike from 'round these parts saw my post and we worked out a deal.

<thumbs up icon I can't find>

You're welcome. Btw, I hope my previous post didn't sound sarcastic, I didn't mean it that way. :) Good luck, I hope you can get what you're looking for.

No problem.

For everyones future reference, you should never assume anything when it comes to me and technology. Things that are probably obvious to everybody else usually aren't to me. We didn't have computers when I was in school and I don't use them at work. And I'm generally not interested in learniing until it's something I need.

I did try to email the guy through gameworn but got a message that said the default something was not installed correctly. I assumed I wasn't allowed to email him. I will try through my email when I'm done here. Thanks again for the help.

I had some trouble as well but finally got an account. And the best part was that I joined b/c I was seeking an Adam Graves retirement night warm up jersey and within a week or so of posting, Brilliant!/Mike from 'round these parts saw my post and we worked out a deal.

<thumbs up icon I can't find>

Glad you finally got your account. Did they finally just confirm it or did you have to chase this guy down?

In some ways it's not that important now that I know I can email members without being one myself, but I really would like to post my want list. I know it's a slim chance since most of the jerseys I'm looking for are women's jerseys and if they're still out there most of them are probably in Sweden, but you never know. There is a chance there are other T-Blades jerseys out there though besides the one listed.

I had to call the guy (I think it says that on the website), leave a message and eventually he got me up and running.

They confirm who you are, and there is a backlog. Since running that website is a part-time hobby, they get to confirming people at a rate of only a few at a time. But then again, they're seeking to keep the site's membership to actual collectors, so I can see why they do it the way that they do. The quicker way around that is to go pay your dollar and register at the gamewornauctions site, because they can use the dollar you spent on your credit card as they way to confirm who you are. Then you contact them, tell them you've registered with the auction, tell them you've got a request to join the forum too, and that will tie the two together, and you'll skip ahead towards the front of the line. It won't be instantaneous, but it will eliminate them having to actually verify your identity on their own.

Register at gamewornauctions.net and your gameworn membership breezes through. Registering for the auctions means logging in a credit card and putting your info into the system.

Then one quick phone call and your membership is up and running.

Edit: nevermind. See above post. Beat me to it.