Photomatching help for my 1996-97 Adam Deadmarsh Avs Gamer

enzo269

Hello everybody,

I am needing a bit of help photomatching my latest add, a 1996-97 Adam Deadmarsh gamer. I have not received the sweater yet, but I have been told that it a playoff set. There is a game set tag in the sweater hem, but I have no picture of the tag as yet. The sweater has a great stick mark on the front Avs crest, as well as a great mark on the right arm on the 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very excited to add this sweater to my collection as it will be my first Avs' gamer..

Thanks!

Vince

post-4018-0-25327200-1353902832_thumb.jp

post-4018-0-74092200-1353902843_thumb.jp

anybody have any luck? The sweater should be arriving fairly soon. Ill post new HD photos when I receive it..

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

The back #'s should be easy to match. The "1" has wider borders. Could be a semi-kiss cut while the "8" is stacked. I really wonder if that's the case.

Just saw a Forsberg gamer on gamewornauctions.net from the same playoff year with the same number issue. Read a while back that the avs changed their number font and cut just before the '97 playoffs from the thinner borders to the wider. This is when the change in the tips of the 2s was made from leaving the point to cutting the top two layers. Odd that they'd let some jerseys go into games with one older generation font number and the other number the new generation. Pretty cool oddity, and if you can find pics of Deadmarsh in the playoffs, as said earlier, it should be easy to match. This is all I could find, from www.anyonebutdetroit.com in his jersey blog section on 96, 97 jerseys.

4/13/97 at LA (last game of the 1996-97 regular season)

TC3-4-13.jpg

5/22/97 at Detroit (1997 Western Conference Finals)

TCPO2.jpg

Not sure if either helps, but it may narrow your focus for dates to search.

Thanks Jay.... The search continues...

Thanks Jay.... The search continues...

Wow, I'm flattered. Jay's knowledge and expertise far exceeds mine, and to be mistaken is a compliment I'll take. Jay's handle is "BurnabyJoeSakic".

Name's Joel btw, and - no worries :) . If I run across anything else I'll pass it on to you.

I went through that entire season of photos trying to catch more pics with him in the background and such and I cant say I found a thing. It appears they wore at least 3 sets of dark jerseys that year but none had matching marks at all. I hope you find it, having cool photo matches is the best. I recently got a bunch done and printed them out at Target on real photo stock, they look pretty good.

Ha.. Thanks for the heads up Joel...

I have been in contact with Jay as well.. He has graciously offered to help me.. The jersey has some great markings on it but because it pretty old it is difficult to find a photo match.. I may wind up sending it to MeiGray to have it registered/ photomatched.