Issues with Meigray

dsl135

Ok, so is it just me, or is Meigray the most disorganized company in the world? I've only been dealing with them for a few months now, but already I've encountered the following issues:

- They sent me a damaged Edge jersey from the Clearance sale. When I brought it up, they said they'd replace it, but they made me pay return shipping, which makes no sense at all. The jersey had a huge glue mess on the front. There's no reason that should have been sent out, so why should I have to pay more money to ship it back to them?

- When I asked for clarification back when I returned my Grab Bags (because the listing said the credit could be used on sale items), I was told the credit could be definitely be used if there was a Fall Sale. Now, in the Fall Sale, it says Grab Bag credits can't be used. Again, I asked for clarification, and was told that was an error in the Fall Sale, and that it could be used. They allowed me to use my credit, but it annoys me that they're not fixing the listing so that others know they can use the credit.

- I ordered 2 training camp jerseys in the current Fall Sale. Got an e-mail today that when they went to pull them, they realized they were Game Issued, not Training Camp, and wouldn't honor the 50% off on them. Luckily I found 2 replacement jerseys, but again... this seems wrong. Their error. Their problem.

I'm not trying to make them out to be a terrible company. Obviously they have great products that you can't get anywhere else. I just have never seen a company that is THIS disorganized.

I know they were out of power for almost two weeks after hurricane Sandy tore through the northeast. That may have something to do with it. About one week after the storm, I decided to email them and they got right back to me stating they had power problems, but they would be sent promptly upon the power coming back on.

However, I can't imagine how peeved you would be after trading in your two grab bag jerseys for credit and they went back in their word. That's just unprofessional.

Sorry to hear about your problems- this appears to be one of those cases where everything seems to go wrong with the same customer. So far I've made 6 purchases through them, and each has been a smooth transaction. They've always been very accommodating and helpful to me. Hope your luck changes for the better.

I know they were out of power for almost two weeks after hurricane Sandy tore through the northeast. That may have something to do with it. About one week after the storm, I decided to email them and they got right back to me stating they had power problems, but they would be sent promptly upon the power coming back on.

However, I can't imagine how peeved you would be after trading in your two grab bag jerseys for credit and they went back in their word. That's just unprofessional.

I knew about the Hurricane Sandy thing and I totally understand that. In no way was I criticizing them for being out of power.

All of these issues really just have to do with disorganization. None of this could have been caused by anything related to Hurricane Sandy.

But yes, I was absolutely livid when I made sure the day I traded my Grab Bag back in that they could be used on the Fall Sale and then the info says it can't be used. Granted I don't know if they just allowed me to use it, or if they're going to allow anyone who e-mails about it. But the Grab Bag clearly stated "can be used on sale items" and they still haven't removed the fact that they say it can't be used on this sale, despite confirming to me that that is a typo.

Sorry to hear about your problems- this appears to be one of those cases where everything seems to go wrong with the same customer. So far I've made 6 purchases through them, and each has been a smooth transaction. They've always been very accommodating and helpful to me. Hope your luck changes for the better.

I will give them credit that they are nice in their e-mails, but still some of these issues are troublesome and aren't very professional on their part.

Call and speak with them directly, do not hang up the phone until your problem is resolved. This approach never fails. They sent me damaged items twice (out of tons I have gotten over the years), both times they replaced the items with more valuable substitutes. I think once I did have to pay the return shipping, the other time I did not. They should have UPS return prepaid labels like many other companies do. You just have to be vocal and clear, also have patience until you reach the right person there.

Never used or dealt with them but isn't this the direction all companies seem to be going recently?

I have dealt with Meigray a lot and based on my numerous experiences with them, I'd say that the original poster's experiences are not the norm for the company.

I have dealt with Meigray a lot and based on my numerous experiences with them, I'd say that the original poster's experiences are not the norm for the company.

I disagree. I think they over charge for jerseys and customer service is avg at best. The grab bag is complete rip off. I will say Barry is very personable and easy to deal with.

I do not like you have to pay for your item at full price and then they refund ,I was dealing with Rob Grose with a other item .I asked if I can just order my sale items thru him I was told " I have to order on Line "

I disagree. I think they over charge for jerseys and customer service is avg at best. The grab bag is complete rip off. I will say Barry is very personable and easy to deal with.

Well, high prices and grab bags that are not such a great promotion hardly fall into the category of "is Meigray the most disorganized company in the world." Those are different issues entirely. My experiences with them have involved them getting the correct jerseys out of the warehouse and to UPS within a day or two of ordering, with delivery to me the following day. They've responded to emails I've sent within 24 hours. None of this suggests that they're disorganized.

Well, high prices and grab bags that are not such a great promotion hardly fall into the category of "is Meigray the most disorganized company in the world." Those are different issues entirely. My experiences with them have involved them getting the correct jerseys out of the warehouse and to UPS within a day or two of ordering, with delivery to me the following day. They've responded to emails I've sent within 24 hours. None of this suggests that they're disorganized.

My thoughts exactly. Besides the delay due to Sandy, I have not had an issue with Meigray whatsoever.

Well, I'm really glad to hear that others don't have really similar experiences. Perhaps this really is just a bad coincidence of me having several bad experiences in a row. I really don't think they're a bad company, just couldn't believe how many times this happened.

what do they charge? how fast does it get there? what service do they use? im curious. I shipped a medium flat rate box to canada today and it cost me $48.00

Unless its something heavy, don't use a flat-rate box!!! Use a priority mail medium sized shipping box. It's roughly half the price!!

On any package weighing 2 pounds or more (many times ONE jersey weighs that much, certainly two), you should use a medium flat rate IF you are going to ship across the country. If you are shipping to the middle of the country, the cutoff is 3 or 4 pounds. large flat rate is obviously not something you'd use for one or two jerseys anyway, that is closer to $15.

Within your region, you have to be shipping too much stuff to fit inside a flat rate box to make effective use of it, just ship by weight. It costs me $5-$7 to ship a jersey within California, you have to tack on a good amount of weight to get to where $11 is a good enough deal.

My hangup with Meigray is only because i am a New Jersey resident. I pay tax and an insane shipping price. Yesterday i went to order a pair of Warrior franchises for $150, after tax and $20 shipping they were $180 something. Shipping 50 minutes south in the same state should not be $20, do you guys have to pay $20 for shipping?

That's what keeps me from buying $75 jerseys or anything else cheap from them.

My hangup with Meigray is only because i am a New Jersey resident. I pay tax and an insane shipping price. Yesterday i went to order a pair of Warrior franchises for $150, after tax and $20 shipping they were $180 something. Shipping 50 minutes south in the same state should not be $20, do you guys have to pay $20 for shipping?

That's what keeps me from buying $75 jerseys or anything else cheap from them.

I believe I am generally charged $15 for the first jersey + $5 per each additional jersey. (so 3 jerseys would be $25, 5 would be $35, and so on...) As a result, I try to buy more than one jersey at a time when possible.

I believe I am generally charged $15 for the first jersey + $5 per each additional jersey. (so 3 jerseys would be $25, 5 would be $35, and so on...) As a result, I try to buy more than one jersey at a time when possible.

Now that makes sense, i bought from them multiple times and have always been charged a flat $15 fee. This time when i put the gloves in and went through the order it was $20, gloves weigh less than a jersey when shipping so that doesn't add up. Unless gloves are always a flat $20 fee. It stinks cause i know the 50 minute UPS truck ride is not $15.

If you live that close, can you actually go there and buy items, or are they just a web-based seller? If I lived close, I'd be there every other weekend to hand them my paycheck.