Rangers Winter Classic Jersey

Hi guys new to this forum, but having read up on how to spot fakes from here I am almost 100% sure the jersey I bought was a fake. I was wondering if anybody has a genuine Rangers Winter Classic jersey that they could take some pictures of and send to me to help prove that its a fake so I can get a refund including my postage.

Is the jersey an authentic jersey (fight strap, numeric sizing) or a replica (alphabetical sizing)?

The authentics were very hard to come by and went for $250+, the replicas were common. Both had felt crests, if your jersey doesn't have a felt crest, it's fake. If your jersey was customized, the name and numbers should also be felt.

The fakes usually had numeric sizing (52 etc.) and fight straps, but didn't match the cut of a real authentic, The crests and customization (numbers, name) were all of a shiny/puffy vinyl type material.

Here's some links to compare yours to:

blank authentic Rangers WC

replica Richards Rangers WC (back)

replica Richards Rangers WC (front)

replica Richards Rangers WC (crest closeup)

replica Richards Rangers WC (name/number closeup)

Thanks for the pictures. It was advertised as a replica.

You have pretty much described the jersey haha, Crest, name and number in a vinyl type material. Will email the store owner with the pictures. Thought I would be safe buying from an actual shop.

Thanks for the pictures. It was advertised as a replica.

You have pretty much described the jersey haha, Crest, name and number in a vinyl type material. Will email the store owner with the pictures. Thought I would be safe buying from an actual shop.

Unfortunately, there are many retail stores, even chains of retail stores that have fakes. It's extremely sad to see how bad this has gotten, but being that its Reebok that's getting a bigger screwing than anyone, I see it fitting. Welcome to the boards. You'll learn a lot here!

They made them all into Mike Rupp..............

Ironically, I want a Rupp more than almost any other player on that jersey.

lol sorry. I guess you won't be too happy to know that I got my first one for $110...

Oh jeez. The pain!! The pain!!