NY Rangers Heritage Question

Cygnus X-1

Thanks to thebiggoalie's eagle eyes, I was able to snag an authentic NYR Heritage that only requires the 85th patch (which I have) and retired numbers put on. Who is best to do this? (I don't want to run into any trouble like with those 90's Ranger skinny font letters that EPS does not have). Cosby's? If possible, has anyone actually had this done and can say for certain "so-and-so does the right job"?

Glad you got it, Cyngus. Good luck completing it. Again, I had a local guy near me put in the retired numbers, but he's always back logged. I still recommend him if you live on LI, but I wouldn't want to drop it off to him myself and then it take two-three months to get it back with me being the middle-man.

I have heard that Cosby's does a good job with the retired numbers in the hem. I have not actually seen Cosby's work on a heritage so I am just going on what I have heard. Good luck..

Glad you got it, Cyngus. Good luck completing it. Again, I had a local guy near me put in the retired numbers, but he's always back logged. I still recommend him if you live on LI, but I wouldn't want to drop it off to him myself and then it take two-three months to get it back with me being the middle-man.

Are you talking about Greg at the mall? That's where I got mine done.

Yup. He did the retired numbers on my 1.0 heritage and an alternate Indo-Edge from this past season for me. I've seen other Heritage jerseys, and the retired numbers looked wrong. His came out the best.

Called Cosby's- they said the retired #'s are on a strip that's pressed on....not sewn. Anyone know if this is the right way?

Thebiggoalie- are the retired numbers on yours individually sewn in?

Yes and yes... Heat pressed on the gamers as well as Akteon has mentioned

• 3 months later...

Okay. There's a local place on LI that does it too that some of us have been to, and it's not expensive. Cosby's is probably easier for you to get to then.

Okay. There's a local place on LI that does it too that some of us have been to, and it's not expensive. Cosby's is probably easier for you to get to then.

depends on what part of LI. where are you talking on LI and how much cheaper is it than Cosbys? The only time i ever make it out to Cosby's is when i go for a game, lol other than that i don't find my way into the city too much

depends on what part of LI. where are you talking on LI and how much cheaper is it than Cosbys? The only time i ever make it out to Cosby's is when i go for a game, lol other than that i don't find my way into the city too much

Smithtown. I don't know what Cosby's charges.

There's always Stitches in Queens off the Cross Island, but they do the Islanders jerseys and I'm not sure how much they charge for Rangers or how accurate they are. Your best bet might be to go to the NHL Store and see if you can get it done through Arena Wear, who does the jerseys for the team. It's expensive but so is Cosby's and I don't know if Arena Wear will do the retired numbers.

you could also send it to EPS- I just sent one out this week. He heat-presses the retired numbers but you have to supply the patch.

Would now be a good time to mention Cosby's put the 85th anny patch on the wrong shoulder of my 1st Heritage with some epoxy that, with the help of the Last Son of Krypton, was removed leaving behind horror and sorrow?

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5309&page=2#entry110884