Starter Jersey Tags for Authentics Starting with the 1996-1997 season

dorn24

I am looking for a starter Phoenix Coyotes authentic alternate Jersey. My question is regarding the specifics of this jersey. Can anyone give me the specifics of what I need to look for regarding this particular jersey? I already have a starter white authentic coyotes jersey(1996-1997 season). This jersey has the authentic center ice tag, the size tag ( Made in EL Salvador of US Components), and the starter tag below it. It has the fight strap and on the back hem at the bottom it has the starter logo with starter written below that and the NHL shield next to the starter logo. It also has the shoulder patches one saying phoenix coyotes and the other that says goals for kids. My main question is regarding both the home and away jerseys. I have seen some jerseys with size tags that have made in EL Salvador of US components and some jerseys that say made in EL Salvador. I have seen other teams that have the made in EL Salvador of US Components but I haven't seen examples of other teams that just say made in EL Salvador. Does anyone know if starter made hockey jerseys during this time that have Made in EL Salvador minus the phrase of US Components on them? Also does anyone know if starter made the alternate coyotes jerseys the first year or did they start making them for the 1997-1998 years or 1998-1999 seasons? The reason that I am asking that question is because the bottom hem should be different for those years for alternates. They should just say starter and have the NHL shield next to that for alternate jerseys made for seasons 1997-1998 and after. If anyone knows the answer to this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Also does anyone know if starter made the alternate coyotes jerseys the first year or did they start making them for the 1997-1998 years or 1998-1999 seasons? The reason that I am asking that question is because the bottom hem should be different for those years for alternates. They should just say starter and have the NHL shield next to that for alternate jerseys made for seasons 1997-1998 and after.

Starter only made the alternates for one season, 1998-99. The hem logo should be the S-star without the Starter wordmark beneath it.

I have seen some jerseys with size tags that have made in EL Salvador of US components and some jerseys that say made in EL Salvador. I have seen other teams that have the made in EL Salvador of US Components but I haven't seen examples of other teams that just say made in EL Salvador. Does anyone know if starter made hockey jerseys during this time that have Made in EL Salvador minus the phrase of US Components on them?

I don't know if this is true for all Starter retail authentics made in El Salvador, but on the ones I have, the "Made in El Salvador of US Components" phrase seems to appear on the 1996-97 models. All my Starters from 1997-99 have "Assembled in El Salvador Designed in the USA" on the size tag.

Very difficult jersey to find. By the time that this jersey was introduced, Starter was already going bankrupt. I had two separate retailers cancel orders I had on this simply because Starter wasn't going to deliver them. The one-year ProPlayer from 99-00 is much easier to find. Although at least one person on this board did find one. Good luck.

Also, the El Salvador made Coyotes and the USA made Coyotes were different in the way that the shoulder yoke was done. The El Salvador models had the shoulder yoke come to a point at the middle of the collar, causing the shoulder patches to come right up to the collar. These were not used on-ice, just for retail. The Berlin, WI models have a straight rear yoke, thus the shoulder patches are not right up to the collar. These are out there. I picked up a few when Starter sold off their inventory. Here's an old picture of one.

IMGA0129.jpg

Thank you everyone for your input, its much appreciated. I will still search for the alternate Starter authentic but I may have to go with the pro player if I cant find one. Do you know if they sold the alternate ones made in Wisconsin in smaller sizes. I have seen some for sale but they tend to be in the size 52 or greater? Just curious. I noticed the difference in the ones made in Wisconsin. I would definitely get one of those if I could. Great explanations by the way everyone.