Colorado Avalanche lettering

zilch

A couple of questions about the Avs pre edge CCM jersey (Sakic era). 1) Was all colors glacier twill? 2) Kiss cut or layered? 3) Namplate or no nameplate? 4) What are the name, number sizes and C,A sizes?

A couple of questions about the Avs pre edge CCM jersey (Sakic era). 1) Was all colors glacier twill? 2) Kiss cut or layered? 3) Namplate or no nameplate? 4) What are the name, number sizes and C,A sizes?

1.) Home and Road jerseys were glacier twill top layer. Bottom layer on whites was tackle twill, middle layer was dazzle twill. Dazzle and blue tackle flipped for Road burgundies, dazzle on bottom, blue tackle middle layer. Burgundy 3rds had no dazzle or glacier, 3 layers of tackle twill.

2.) Not 100% on this but numbers were stacked on all jerseys until Reebok got the contract. As far as I have heard the 3rds were kiss cut once they went to Reeboks, but I can only assume the same was done for homes and roads when they went to reebok (pics from a few collections I've seen support this). If you stack, you will definitely be accurate to a CCM era jersey.

3.) Always a nameplate matching body material/color, name material on 3rds was tackle twill, not glacier.

4.) Name lettering 4 inches, "C"s and "A"s as well. Numbers are 12"(bottom layer)

4" sleeve nimbers as well (total height)?

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Sleeve #s are 4.25 inches (4 3/8 inches exact measurement from my jerseys)

Sorry, so name on regular home and away was glacier?

Name on home and away was glacier, name on burgundy 3rd was tackle, not glacier. Sorry if I mixed you up.

I'm sorry 2 more questions. Is the total height of the A and C also 4 3/8" or just 4", and on the sleeve numbers for a regular burgandy jersey is the bottom layer regular white twill?

C and A are 4" exactly, sleeve #s are 4 3/8". Sleeve #s on all jerseys are bottom layer silver dazzle, middle layer blue tackle twill, top layer white glacier twill. They are the same for whites and burgundy because the sleeves on the white jerseys where the #s go are burgundy and the sleeves on the burgundy jerseys where the #s go are blue --- no sleeve #s went on white material only on dark material so all sleeve #s are the same construction/colors.

Awesome! For some reason I thought that the bottom layer was white and top was dazzle silver, must have been the lighting. Thanks so much I really appreciate all your help.

No problem, happy to help. Are you planning to do a jersey yourself?

Yes, well it's for a friend

Nice I'm always impressed with those who have the skills & the guts to do their own jerseys. Post pics when you get it done, I'd love to see it.

You got it. The lettering will might be a little nicer than the jersey as its just a very used CCM replica and a medium so I'm gonna have scale the lettering down. I just can't stand bad lettering if your gonna pay for it, it should be done correct. I don't care if it's a replica or an authentic. I would say I blame the person getting it lettered but not everyone cares as much as everyone on these boards. I definately blame the companies that do a bad job as it's their job to care. I can't tell you how many times I wanna go up to people at Blues and Cardinals games and tell them they shouldn't have paid anyone to letter that jersey, but like I said a lot of people don't notice or care as much.