Nike swift 2010 Olympic jersey fit

BleedingBlue

I think the rule of thumb is take whatever size you are in the edge jersey and go two sizes up for the swifts. If your a 46 in edge then 52 in swift should be good. I'm wear a 52 in edge so 56 in swift is what I would get.

Ok, I don't have any Edge jerseys, but I'm a 48 - 52 in Starters and 48 max in 6100s. I know a guy who wears 50 Edge jerseys and 46 6100s. So wth do I do if I want an Edge or a Swift? Here's what I've come up with:

If my friend is 46 6100 and 50 Edge then he should be a 54 swift according to the formula. I'm a 48 6100 so I should be a 52 Edge and a 56 Swift????? Anyone have measurements for Swifts/Edges? I know I'm good 24 pit to pit to about 26 pit to pit. Help.

I have swifts from size 54 to 62 if you want me to measure but I would go with what they said on here. 52 is medium or 48, 54 is large or 50ish, 56 is between large and XL or 52, 58 is XL or 54, 60 is XXL or 56 and 62 is a XXXL or 58 if you compare it to the old 6100s. The sleeves are more tapered though than the 6100s and possibly more than the edge

They are definitely smaller fitting.

I have swifts from size 54 to 62 if you want me to measure but I would go with what they said on here. 52 is medium or 48, 54 is large or 50ish, 56 is between large and XL or 52, 58 is XL or 54, 60 is XXL or 56 and 62 is a XXXL or 58 if you compare it to the old 6100s. The sleeves are more tapered though than the 6100s and possibly more than the edge

They are definitely smaller fitting.

I think a measurement for a 54 and a 56 Swift would help, if you have the chance. (Also, all the jersey manufacturers using one set universal system based on common sense, consistency, and true measurements to size their jerseys - that would help too.) I'd actually like more tapered sleeves, to be honest. I have a 6100 that has sleeves so big I could fit one of my kids into them. It's a 48 and the body fits great, but the sleeves make it look more baggy than it is. Sounds like I'll love a Swift jersey, as long as I can get the right size.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have a size chart for the 2010 Nike Swift IIHF jerseys? I'd like to see some sort of measurements to compare them to Reebok Edge 2.0 sizes.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm looking to do a size comparison of the Nike Swift authentics, not the replicas.

Edited by DownInFlames

Been a while for this thread. Since my last post here I nabbed a 2010 Swift and I'll say that the + 4 is a little low. I'd go + 6 to 6100s. Oxbo's matchups above are pretty good. My Swift is a 54 and it's ok, but I wish it was a 56. It measures almost 25 inches pit to pit. I wear a 48 in 6100s and my Swift is definitely smaller than my 6100s. The earlier comment on the sleeves is on the money, too. The sleeves definitely make the fit feel different and the Swift sleeves are really odd. Here's a pic of pit to pit measurement.

IMG_3428.jpg

Edited by SuperTheGreat

I wear a 46 in the Edge 2.0 (I think they fit a bit smaller than the Edge 1.0) so that would be roughly about a size 52 in the Swift then. I'm not familiar with the fit of the 6100s. They're "boxier" in the body and have a baggier fit in the sleeves right?

What did you find odd about the sleeves on the Swift? I have a replica of the 2014 IIHF jerseys and the sleeves are tapered to the point where they almost feel like a regular sweatshirt. Is the authentic cut the same way?

The sleeves on the replicas for the 2014 olympic jerseys are very short compared to the authentics. I have a size 60 and the sleeves go past my hands, but a 2X replica they barely touch my wrist.

The sleeves are sewn together in panels that are pre bent at the elbow and shoulder. I assume the reason for this is for the pads players wear underneath. The replicas aren't constructed that way because they're meant for fans to wear without pads. Authentic Swift construction looks like this:

Swiftdesign.jpg Seriously, this isn't an exaggeration.

The sleeves are cut and constructed exactly like that.

An edge jersey's construction is like this:

Edgedesign.jpg and has straight sleeves, like every other shirt/jersey I've ever worn.

So, unless you fold your arms in front of your chest, or stand like this all day:Swiftarms.jpg

your sleeves will look a little weird.

But we are who we are and we want to wear what the players wore, so we get weird sleeves with a 2010 Swift.

Edited by SuperTheGreat

That's bizarre. At least it'll be a good way to prove I'm not wearing a counterfeit since I doubt some shop in China would deliberately bend the sleeves like that! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the insights and pictures.