Adidas Counsel Removes My Jersey From eBay

flyhighguys94

Are you sure you didn't "p" off someone on here and they keep reporting your jerseys as "fake" just to mess with you? There has been much animosity on these boards recently (not saying you were a part of any of it) ...then you let everyone on here know that you've relisted the jerseys on the GF's account...That gets suspended too? It's not too difficult to search out jerseys and determine that they were the same you were selling...whole situation stinks...

It really does stink. I actually haven't posted much on here and when my account got suspended I never even mentioned selling these specific jerseys on eBay. I spoke to someone at eBay, well more like yelled at them because I finally lost it, yesterday and they said my other account was suspicious. It's because I logged on with my IP address and tried to sell. They even told me I could make a new account and buy, which is ridiculous. This confirms to me they care ZERO about the seller, the exact people who create their marketplace.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you can try having a letter typed up to look like its from a legal office threatening legal action if your accounts aren't reinstated. Send one to eBay and one to adidas and see what happens.

I think the thing I really dont get is... nothing you are selling is fake and ever has been. Literally there is nothing suspicious here. Its so weird.

I think I could get links to 100 fake jerseys in under 5 minutes, yet they continually remove your stuff which is 0% fake. They need to get some people who dont do crack or at least know their own products on the case. Im pissed and its not even my stuff. God they are retarded.

Man that sucks!

I was close to considering using eBay to sell my jerseys, but this makes me even less interested. I already don't enjoy competing with all the fakes, but when real ones are removed, that's even worse.

I truly think that those companies don't care about the fake jerseys, because they are obviously fake, and most everyone knows it. Those jerseys aren't their competition for sales; they sell for $50 to unknowing buyers who would never pay $300 for an Authentic or Collector Jersey. Their competition is the real Authentic ones. Every collector that goes on eBay and buys an Authentic jersey at half its new price, looses them a sale of a new one. So, they go on and make bogus claims that they are fake, and eBay removes them without question... Competition gone, problem solved.

Man that sucks!

I was close to considering using eBay to sell my jerseys, but this makes me even less interested. I already don't enjoy competing with all the fakes, but when real ones are removed, that's even worse.

I truly think that those companies don't care about the fake jerseys, because they are obviously fake, and most everyone knows it. Those jerseys aren't their competition for sales; they sell for $50 to unknowing buyers who would never pay $300 for an Authentic or Collector Jersey. Their competition is the real Authentic ones. Every collector that goes on eBay and buys an Authentic jersey at half its new price, looses them a sale of a new one. So, they go on and make bogus claims that they are fake, and eBay removes them without question... Competition gone, problem solved.

I mentioned this last night to someone, I think you are right. I really think its them eliminating competition so they don't lose so much money. Well Adidas, if you did not charge $300 for a blank authentic than we would not have this problem. Jerseys lose a huge chunk of value the minute someone buys them at retail, its not even funny.

Also, this morning, my girlfriends PayPal account has now also been permanently limited/suspended. Her eBay account was suspended permanently for being associated with me and my IP address. Luckily she never used eBay or PayPal. However, now I have no idea how to accept payments for any of my jerseys here...is there any alternative to accepting money online? Buying things is no problem because almost everywhere allows a credit card, or I could mail personal checks and whatnot to other collectors I suppose? Its a huge hassle though.

Goodness, I wish it was worth the time to take legal action against them. They cant just shut down your stuff for no reason, this is insane.

That really makes no sense though. If that were the case, there would be A LOT more sellers that would be getting shut down. People that are selling brand new with tags jerseys.

Granted, it doesn't make sense that they're going after Kurt either, but it simply doesn't make sense for a company to shut down people selling legitimate product online in an effort to boost their own sales. People can't place orders directly with Reebok. Its not like Kurt or anyone else selling legitimate jerseys on eBay is taking sales away from them.

I agree Brandon, I wish there was something I could do. When your account gets suspended by PayPal you can only email them. So I sent a lengthy email yesterday explaining the mistake made on eBay's part and I got a phone call on my home phone while I was out denying my appeal. The phone call was from an actual person though, her name was Madonna. No lie, pissed me off even more. I was wondering if this is real life.

I mentioned this last night to someone, I think you are right. I really think its them eliminating competition so they don't lose so much money. Well Adidas, if you did not charge $300 for a blank authentic than we would not have this problem. Jerseys lose a huge chunk of value the minute someone buys them at retail, its not even funny.

Also, this morning, my girlfriends PayPal account has now also been permanently limited/suspended. Her eBay account was suspended permanently for being associated with me and my IP address. Luckily she never used eBay or PayPal. However, now I have no idea how to accept payments for any of my jerseys here...is there any alternative to accepting money online? Buying things is no problem because almost everywhere allows a credit card, or I could mail personal checks and whatnot to other collectors I suppose? Its a huge hassle though.

Bitcoin maybe?

Bitcoin maybe?

Im gonna look into it.

In the meantime, is there anyone who would be willing to help me sell my stuff and then mail me a check or something? This is ridiculous i know. Or work out a deal with me to buy all mine in bulk for cheap??

That really makes no sense though. If that were the case, there would be A LOT more sellers that would be getting shut down. People that are selling brand new with tags jerseys.

Granted, it doesn't make sense that they're going after Kurt either, but it simply doesn't make sense for a company to shut down people selling legitimate product online in an effort to boost their own sales. People can't place orders directly with Reebok. Its not like Kurt or anyone else selling legitimate jerseys on eBay is taking sales away from them.

Just a theory... but I suppose if they did it to everyone it would be more noticeable, but hitting random people now and then wouldn't hurt.

Just wanted to post this again, would anyone be willing to help me sell off the rest of my stuff? We can work it out, I would just need a check or money order be written to me when it is all said and done. My jerseys can all be auctioned off at $0.99 or something...i dont even care anymore.

I'd also be willing to sell them to someone, as one big group for a great deal. That way the new owner could sell them off or trade them, either way make a good profit off them. Without PayPal or eBay I am screwed.

I would be so grateful. Please PM me if anyone is willing to help, even just a little bit.