Adidas Counsel Removes My Jersey From eBay

flyhighguys94

im convinced that they pick names out of a hat.

a couple of lawyers posted in that thread i posted last night stating that they also had legit jerseys that were pulled (ones that were purchased from nfl.com) and when they insisted that the lawfirms prove that the jerseys in question were fake, they couldnt do so. apparently, there's a way to turn the tables on them where if you can prove that these law firms are pulling jerseys that are real, you can hit them up for damages because they're impeding your right to sell (i believe that's also mentioned in the thread).

if you go as far as to call these firms to ask for additional info, they wont give it to you. the whole thing is a big joke.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im convinced that they pick names out of a hat.

a couple of lawyers posted in that thread i posted last night stating that they also had legit jerseys that were pulled (ones that were purchased from nfl.com) and when they insisted that the lawfirms prove that the jerseys in question were fake, they couldnt do so. apparently, there's a way to turn the tables on them where if you can prove that these law firms are pulling jerseys that are real, you can hit them up for damages because they're impeding your right to sell (i believe that's also mentioned in the thread).

if you go as far as to call these firms to ask for additional info, they wont give it to you. the whole thing is a big joke.

That's the impression i got by their email to me. I figured that if i could turn the tables on them it would all be forgotten about. When i responded last night i was dead serious in wanting an apology, because anyone that was watching my jerseys for sale views me as suspicious now im sure. The thing that pisses me off the most is Adidas not even being able to pick out their own ###### products. CCM=NHL merchandise...not a company that makes flip flops and drawstring bags, cant even tell their own products from Chinese counterfeits.

Success....

Dear Mr. Lloyd:

As you are aware, this firm is counsel to The adidas Group (“adidas”).

We are in receipt of your October 24, 2012 response. Please be advised that we have requested that eBay reinstate this listing and remove any marks made to your account.

Success....

Dear Mr. Lloyd:

We are in receipt of your October 24, 2012 response. Please be advised that we have requested that eBay reinstate this listing and remove any marks made to your account.

Nice to hear man! Shame that you had to go through this as opposed to actual counterfeit sellers

Success....

Dear Mr. Lloyd:

I'd still write a letter after the fact and demand satisfaction...couldn't hurt any, and might help get you some.

Success....

Dear Mr. Lloyd:

They owe you a free car, cell phone, lowered rent payments, free medical care, and food stamps.

Oh, crap, wait, that's the government. Nevermind.

Good job anyway. Never easy to change a scum bag lawyers mind. Nice work.

They owe you a free car, cell phone, lowered rent payments, free medical care, and food stamps.

Oh, crap, wait, that's the government. Nevermind.

Good job anyway. Never easy to change a scum bag lawyers mind. Nice work.

You know, we're really not all bad lol.

You know, we're really not all bad lol.

Oh, I had no idea you were a scum bag, er, um, I mean lawyer.

Well, there are certainly lawyers that aren't quite as scummy, sleazy, dirty, filty, and deplorable as others.

As a fellow jersey collector I'll just assume you're one of the less sleazy.

By the way, that was an apology for my previous post. Hope that clears the air.

you know what would have been nice? an apology

they prey on a lot of innocent people. i can only imagine how much in damages they collect from people selling legitimate jerseys by way of scare tactics

• 4 weeks later...

Guess what fellas? Good ol' Adidas removed another one of my hockey jerseys. Now thanks to them my account is suspended for 7 days and i currently have auctions in progress. So I called ebay friday night and they told me they pretty much have no power over Adidas removing jerseys off of ebay, from what i got out of the conversation it sounds like Adidas can remove any jersey they want. Once again here I am, in the middle of an email conversation with Adidas trying to get my account and jersey reinstated.

You might wanna take Johnny up on that offer to send them a letter. This is ridiculous, Adidas is an utter joke. I seriously can't wait until the RBK contract expires so a real company can make hockey jerseys.

Guess what fellas? Good ol' Adidas removed another one of my hockey jerseys. Now thanks to them my account is suspended for 7 days and i currently have auctions in progress. So I called ebay friday night and they told me they pretty much have no power over Adidas removing jerseys off of ebay, from what i got out of the conversation it sounds like Adidas can remove any jersey they want. Once again here I am, in the middle of an email conversation with Adidas trying to get my account and jersey reinstated.

Dude if I were you I would contact a lawyer and tell them what's going on. This is the same reason I do not want to sell any of my EDGE jerseys on eBay, I always feel like eBay is watching me and they want to suspend my account.

My guess is they've got your account flagged like a book that's been in a Brentano's bathroom, and they are just being dicks now because they can. I would love to see you take the fight to them out of principle but I'd by lying if the easiest thing on yourself would be just to start a new account.

I would love to lawyer up but after taking to Johnny on the phone when this first happened i do not think it would be worth it. I think my best bet is to wait for Adidas to respond to me email i sent Friday night to reinstate the Oilers jersey and than wait it out for a month or so to sell anything or just start a new account. This one has definitely been red flagged and if i get hit with another removed item my account gets banned for good and it said i would not be allowed to create an account with my name or current address. It just sucks that there are still plenty of fake edges on ebay and they do not get taken down.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update for anyone who has had a similar issue. I had to once again email Adidas Counsel. This time it was a long email explaining that i only collect authentic Reebok jerseys and blah blah blah. They apologized for it this time and quickly reinstated it with no further trademark violation threat. I was glad to be receiving actual typed well thought out responses instead of a generic response.

So as of now everything ended well but I am sure they will remove another jersey of mine somehow down the road which will be my last "red flag" on eBay and my account will be permanently suspended apparently. I also asked them at the end of my first email how i could apply for the job of spotting counterfeit jerseys because whoever does it is terrible. Thought that may get my point across a little better.

Good work, Kurt. I'm glad they acknowledged you as a collector, as well as an actual human being with a personal, rather than automated response. I wonder if eBay would be as forgiving now, since Addidas admitted fault. Keep us updated!

Good work, Kurt. I'm glad they acknowledged you as a collector, as well as an actual human being with a personal, rather than automated response. I wonder if eBay would be as forgiving now, since Addidas admitted fault. Keep us updated!

Thank you, I called eBay twice and what they told me was a little bit alarming. They apparently have zero control over what Adidas Counsel decides to remove from eBay. They did tell me that Adidas made note of this and sent the documents to eBay so if i was to get suspended from eBay for this mistake happening again than i should be covered because of all the documents from these first 2 "mistakes".

I just wanted to update for anyone who has had a similar issue. I had to once again email Adidas Counsel. This time it was a long email explaining that i only collect authentic Reebok jerseys and blah blah blah. They apologized for it this time and quickly reinstated it with no further trademark violation threat. I was glad to be receiving actual typed well thought out responses instead of a generic response.

So as of now everything ended well but I am sure they will remove another jersey of mine somehow down the road which will be my last "red flag" on eBay and my account will be permanently suspended apparently. I also asked them at the end of my first email how i could apply for the job of spotting counterfeit jerseys because whoever does it is terrible. Thought that may get my point across a little better.

You're giving that gig to me, right? Haha.

Seriously man, happy it worked out for ya.

You're giving that gig to me, right? Haha.

Seriously man, happy it worked out for ya.

If they responded to me I definitely would have sent the contact info to you. But they just apologize for their mistakes and say it's now out of their hands and into eBay's. They are not very helpful, at least they are kind though.

On a side note, the 2 jerseys that were removed both had RBK in the listing title. Just wanted to point that out as it was the only similarity between the two removed listings.

the way i understand it, ebay lets these manufacturers and lawfirms do whatever they want in exchange for ebay not being held responsible at all for facilitating the sale of "counterfeits"

that includes letting them pull your listings, give out your personal information (address and phone#), shake you down for money, harrass you, etc. im sure if there was a way to give them a go at your gf or wife, ebay would be all about that, too.

for as much as adidas stinks, this just further re-enforces what a sham ebay has become. they would give any of us up in a split second without any real proof just so they don't have to deal with an inconvenience