Removing "pilling"

Straight edge razor blade maybe?

That's what I was thinking. I tried cutting it with some tiny scissors, but couldn't even get the blade to close on it.

I actually just used my electric beard trimmer and went gently across it and it worked pretty well. It was on an airknit Proplayer, but I don't know if I'd try it on a rare ultrafil.

I have had success using a sharp pair of scissors and just clipping enough to let it blend. (works better on air knit then Ultrafil)

Be careful because I have had one incident where it left what looked like a little dent in the fabric. (Leafs Ultrafil)

Fortunately it was on a test jersey that I was stripping for the fight strap and name plates.

I asked at a fabric store and they suggested a small crochet needle and try to push the piling back in.

Haven't tried it yet but figured it was worth suggesting.

Good luck!

1. There are sweater shavers that you can buy for the $10-15 range. Can be a little rough in the wrong hands, and on some material. But for crest edges that stick out this can be a good option.

2. Go to the drugstore and buy a small pair of toenail clippers and use that to carefully remove any imperfections.

Actually just found them cheap on eBay. May just buy one to keep in hand, even though I seemed to have fixed this one fairly well.

• 2 weeks later...