Why buy jerseys when you can rent them?

CJ Matthews

I saw this earlier on twitter, but now it's been written up on ESPN. A new startup company called JerseySquare, that rents out jerseys.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/12987/why-own-a-jersey-when-you-can-rent

Agreed.

This isn't like the example I gave above about the high fashion items. People at the types of events that you would rent fashion items for all will know the second a knockoff walks through the door - that's the entire reason you would rent those items.

The same can not be said for jerseys.

The only people who care about rocking authentics are collectors and die-hards. Everyone else is okay with buying a replica or fake for really cheap. End of story.

I don't know, it sounds like some people will use their services. If you just want to rent one then you probably don't really care about the quality anyway. But really? An NBA Swingman jersey? It's definitely not worth renting in my opinion....

My guess it will be a US only thing as shipping cost alone even in the US will push close to that $25 unless you have to pay the return or the $25 doesn't include any postage. Also depending on what postage is included if someone goes with the unlimited yearly you could easily rack up more then $200 in S&H charges (One a week, $10 shipping to you would be $520). Like most said for the cost most poeple will go with fake probably then this.

Stupid beyond belief. The type of person who would just want it for one game that they go to on a whim would never get it in time. That is why Jesus invented t-shirts for your team.