Stupid Webshots

slimcutta

How do you access them without the program? There's no place to log in on the website.

I'm not sure. I know I booked mark the web page bug haven't had to try to log on.

Ugh, My task is so big I don't even know where to begin. I'm probably just going to end up going with photo bucket, but that scares me to have all my eggs in one basket should anything happen to them. It's weird how there are so many ways to configure a site like that and how webshots is really unique in so many ways that were perfect for my needs. Perhaps it's because I "grew up" with them, but I don't see too many others letting me reorder my albums and generate linking codes at the same time.

If they were losing money, why in the hell didn't they just start charging for it? Think about it. So many people are so committed to that site, we'd have had no choice but to pay up. They have us where they want us and we'd essentially have no choice AND THEY ARE WALKING AWAY FROM THAT POWER THEY HAVE OVER US! It's really quite a staggering mistake on their part.

Worse yet, they are gearing their entire existence going forward on the popularity of Facebook. Dudes, as big a deal as facebook is today, it's a trend. Remember when MySpace was big? Now its not that big. Recall Napster? Not that big anymore. Didn't Yahoo once rule the world? Doesn't anymore.

Also, Facebook does a pretty slick job of displaying my photos. Why do I need your online payservice backup system? Put it on facebook for free, back it up on my external hard drive for free. I fail to even see the need for smile.

Oh, by the way, it's never, ever done any good to email them in any way about anything even during the best of times. There's no way in hell they are going to respond now when they are up to there eyeballs in poo-poo. I asked them a simple yes or no question and had to wait a week for a cut and paste reply which only proved they never read my simple question.

I hate them with every fiber of my being.

I asked them a simple yes or no question and had to wait a week for a cut and paste reply which only proved they never read my simple question.

I hate them with every fiber of my being.

Ditto.

Despite everything being 3 clicks away, I don't mind the Fotki now that I'm getting used to it.

I'm gonna keep sending them input to see if they can improve their features.

Ditto.

Despite everything being 3 clicks away,

That sounds like a deal breaker right there with as many pictures I link to on my blog. Photobucket has a "hover-click" feature on the original site that RULES. Problem is, their new version makes it a four click process. I've pointed out how much worse that is and actually had a human being write back to me. Webshots could learn from that interesting new concept - actual customer service. Now, wether they listen to me is another thing, but at least it's currently my choice to stay with the original version and not yet have it crammed down my throat like blogger did with with their f***** up new interface.

Tell me, is there a webdesigner on the planet that is currently making sites easier to use, because every single one I'm dealing with gets far more complicated to use every time it's redesigned. Seriously, who the hell is teaching this wave of designers, because they all have their heads up their butts when it comes to functionality.

Perfect example, bit.ly. What is the reason for their existence? Shortening your long links. So what do they do? First, hide the box where you paste your link under a picture of a fish. Kid you not. Then, HIDE the links you've created!!!!! Really! If you ever go to retrieve the link you've shortened, it's not visible when you go to your page of links! Why hide it? It's what you are there for! Who approves this crap?!

• 3 weeks later...

I moved all of my jersey photos from photobucket to Picasa. http://tinyurl.com/MyBlueJacketsJerseys Just create a Google+ ID and used the online tools to upload and edit your photos. I did all of my photos online without using the Picasa desktop program. Flicker is also not to bad, but I like Picasa a little more.