Looking to buy a jersey on Kijiji from Moncton, NB

ScotiaCygnus

Hey folks, I've found a jersey I'm after on Kijiji. Only problem is I'm absolutely clueless about that site. Can you pay for things via Paypal or does the buyer HAVE to meet the seller (the seller's based in Moncton btw, hence the title)? If the latter is the case then that's that idea up the spout. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

it is like craigslist. respond to the posting via email and ask them if they would be willing to ship the item to you. you'll pay them directly through paypal then. 8/10 times you'll find sellers on craigslist or kijiji willing to ship.

it is like craigslist. respond to the posting via email and ask them if they would be willing to ship the item to you. you'll pay them directly through paypal then. 8/10 times you'll find sellers on craigslist or kijiji willing to ship.

Craigslist is another thing that's non-existent in the UK :P. No harm in emailing though!

I've had great success on Kijiji. Both buying and selling. When not dealing in my local market, I have found people are more than willing to use PayPal or Interac Email Money Transfer, and one guy who wanted a money order. I have dealt with people in several provinces with zero problems. In fact, local people sometimes fail to show up to pickup or meet! Very frustrating.

I like Kijiji more than Craigslist. Over the past two years it has become more popular than Craigslist in Canada.

Still, I'd be leery of attempting across-the-Atlantic shipping especially when dealing with Kijiji/craigslist. Even kijiji says that you should at least try and meet the seller and then pay. Of course in your case that's obviously difficult, but just keep your eyes peeled since there might be a chance you get scammed.

There's two of the same jersey I'm after in Moncton, so I've emailed both asking if they'd accept Paypal and if they'd be willing to ship to the UK. Only $5 difference between the two, so hopefully at least one will be willing.

They were both posted mid-September so hopefully one is still available, there's no indication that either have been sold so fingers crossed.

PS. Thanks for the quick replies & reassurance everyone!

I can represent and break some legs if someone is in breach. Jersey robbery and fraud is just plain wrong. Just get the essentials beforehand. I am in the Maritimes several times a year. :)

I live in Moncton, if he won't do shipping let me know and maybe we can work something out and I can pick them up for you and mail them out

I live in Moncton, if he won't do shipping let me know and maybe we can work something out and I can pick them up for you and mail them out

Thanks very much man, really appreciate that. No reply as of yet, but I'll give it a couple more days then take it from there.