Minnesota Wild Best Jersey in Minnesota Contest

JeffB

Anyone else notice they screwed up their own bracket? They swapped the teams in the semi-finals. Should have been the top 2 brackets against each other and the bottom two against each other, instead it's left two and right two.

Makes more sense to me compared to a March Madness type bracket, but weird because they didn't draw it that way.

I sure noticed that. I was fully expecting to meet up with the North Stars in this round they way it was drawn. It's going to be odd graphically if both upper or both lower teams on the chart advance, which I fully expect to be the case!

Oh yea, VOTE FOR WARROAD! :thumbsup:

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643033

Now, how do we go about this 'automated' thingy??

I noticed there is no disclaimer against automated voting ... just a curious observation ... smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

Yeah. Recently a guy lost a big prize (> $100,000) because he resorted to friends on a website to vote for him. It was in the news about a week ago, but darned if I can find the link now. I believe it was a contest held by a food company, but memory fails me.

I'd hate to go from 1,200 votes or whatever in one round to 1.2 million and get booted from the contest, so perhaps avoiding the automated thing is best.

I was wondering if perhaps they saw the Warriors and North Stars had tons more votes than the other two and decided to rig the bracket to not have them face each other in the semifinals. Who knows?

YES!

We made it past the Minnesota Moose and, in a shocker, the North Stars were defeated by a rather horrid Cloquet Lumberjacks jersey with a really depressed looking lumberjack crest and a crappy purple and gold color scheme. The only way that thing defeated the beloved North Stars is if the whole city of Cloquet is voting several times a day.

Thanks to all of you who have voted to get Warroad this far. Let's do it one more time and make Warroad the champion Best Jersey in Minnesota!

http://wild.nhl.com/...s.htm?id=643184

I voted for Cloquet a bunch of times, not cause I think it's better (though I do think it's awesome in it's own bizarre way) but because I thought it was ridiculous to Warroad to have to go up against a beloved, nostalgic franchise!

Either way, I'm counting on a good seat in that luxury suite, Barak!

Either way, I'm counting on a good seat in that luxury suite, Barak!

Yea, you're gonna have room in this suite for all of us right?

I voted against Cloquet in every round - and I voted a lot. So I'm thinking they have some big time support. We need to rally around Warroad folks.

I voted for the Cloquet last round, not because I think it's great, but because I thought the idea of the contest was to be a little original. The Minnesota North Stars and Manitoba Moose copies seemed to lack that. Regardless of being awesome jerseys. Maybe I missed the point.

I voted a bunch of times. Good luck.

Thanks for the support guys. Last day to vote is today, so fire away. There is likely some time on Friday morning to vote as well before they close it down if they follow their previous timeline.

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=643184

Just say "no" to the purple hobo.

Vote Warroad!

I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. Cloquet is six times bigger than Warroad population wise. Too many people voting for where they are from, not the best looking sweater I fear.

The voting is now closed, so we'll see how we did in a couple of hours... :unsure:

I don't believe there is anything for second place. Thanks to all of you who voted and put up with this nonsense for the last couple of weeks. I really got caught up in it more than I wish I had.

I'm really, really disappointed to come so close to being able to provide my friends a memorable night at the arena and then not have it come true more than anything.

I would have much rather lost to the Moose or the North Stars in the semifinals than lose to that ugly jersey in the finals. There's no way that thing should have beat the North Stars.