Brian Leetch Vintage jersey HELP!

thebiggoalie

Hey gang. I sent out a rare white 2004 Vintage series Rangers alternate to be done as a Leetch jersey. They only wore this jersey twice that I know of. He only wore it once! The company doing my jersey sent a pic before they start stitching and the name looks completely off from what I'd expect. Anybody have a picture of him wearing the white 2004 vintage alternate? I can only find pics of him wearing the blue version on Gettyimages, and I can't see his name too well in any of them!! Thanks.

I searched high and low for you buddy.. They wore the white against the Bruins on 1/19/2004 in Boston... The only thing I could find was a fight between Chris Simon and Martin Lapointe on youtube. Couple of good ones in the blue from the game at the garden... Look at this photo on Getty 53081116

Sorry I can't provide you with a Leetch picture, but if you check out these gamers you can at least see what the E's, T, H and 2 should look like:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=52&lotid=390

http://albanychoppers.com/new_york_rangers_game_worn_jerse.html

(Rheaume blue jersey)

The font is quite simple so it probably doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess what the L and C should look like. I'd be curious to see the photo they sent you. :)

Sorry I can't provide you with a Leetch picture, but if you check out these gamers you can at least see what the E's, T, H and 2 should look like:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=52&lotid=390

http://albanychoppers.com/new_york_rangers_game_worn_jerse.html

(Rheaume blue jersey)

The font is quite simple so it probably doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess what the L and C should look like. I'd be curious to see the photo they sent you. :)

Pm me how to post a picture. Then prepare to laugh your arse off. :)

You don't need to do this on my account (I'll take your word for it that the lettering is off), but if you wish to do so for the sake of your future posts, then I'd just recommend signing up for an account on a site like photobucket.com. All you have to do is upload your photos to your album- each photo you upload has unique links generated to it, and you can just copy and paste the IMG link into your post here.

If you still want to upload the pictures, go to a free image-sharing site like imgur.com or postimage.org. Upload the pictures in question, and copy their respective forum codes (forum image codes are the ones with "" at the front).

I'd like to have a good laugh at it if that counts for anything.

• 1 month later...

So, after struggling with the customizer of this d@mn jersey for about two months, they still can't imagine how the "C" in "Leetch" is supposed to look. I sent a stock image of the blue version of this jersey, and they said it isn't clear enough. Then I sent a picture of the "Esposito" jersey I have and told them the "C" should be curved like the "O" and they still scratch their heads.

Can anyone help me at least find a picture of the back of any game-worn jersey with a "C" in the last name so I can help them solve this ridiculously easy puzzle for them?

Thanks!

I would see if you could email Bruce Bennett and see if he has photos from that Bruins Rangers game that you could buy..

I would see if you could email Bruce Bennett and see if he has photos from that Bruins Rangers game that you could buy..

Whodat?

Anybody know where I can view game pictures from that game, or photos of game worn jerseys? Again, everything is correct, except for the "C" in Leetch. If I could find that, I could finally get my ###### jersey back!

He is a NY Rangers and NHL photographer.. I looked up his web site for you and unfortunately it says that he will not sell photos to individuals.. You need to go through Getty Images for that.. Sorry

Lol. That stock version is the best shot I could give them. "It's not clear enough". Lol

Wtf?

Really? Have they never heard of Photoshop or Illustrator? :lol: All you need to do is take one of the 'E's, remove the middle horizontal bar, curve the outside corners and add arms to the end of the remaining horizontal bars. Hell, I could knock one up in a few minutes if I had the twill.

It's actually the same as the "O" I've seen in the Esposito jersey. I told them exactly what to do and they didn't understand me at all. Time to start using the actual team customizers for all my Rangers and Pens jerseys. This is getting ridiculous.

If we can assume the Captain's "C" is the same font as on the back, then perhaps this might help?

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Nyr/03-04%20NYR%20Alt%20Messier%20frt.jpg

Considering how much trouble you're having with yours makes me feel even better about mine and how much I got it for, even though it wasn't my first choice of player.

Who's on yours? Can you post a picture?

Thanks LAK74. That's what I'm gonna use as my last suggestion.

I actually have the blue version.

It had a nameplate on it originally, which Mike took off and then reset the letters.

That's nice. If it ever comes time to sell it, hit me up. I'm looking for that blue version too. May have to settle for a CCM replica in the meantime.

I only need a few more Rangers jerseys, and I can finally stop collecting them! I need that blue one, an authentic WC, and an authentic TBTC. I'm willing to pay almost any price for those.

I only need a few more Rangers jerseys, and I ca. Finally stop collecting them! I

LOL. That's never going to happen. Ask Matt (CJ Matthews) how many times in the past month I have said "This is my last jersey. Im done with the message boards. I need to get stuff customized. I finally have all of the jerseys I want"