Help - NY Rangers Adam Graves

JustAnothaVictim

Is there anybody with a Cosby made Graves jersey? I need 1:1 scans of the name. Who can help me with this?

What were Graves' captaincies during the 97-98 and 98-99 season?

p.s. We need a help section on this board

I believe the only time graves wore the C was in 99-00 when leetch broke his wrist

Graves actually wore the C sporadically from 1995-96 until 1999-00 whenever Messier or Leetch were injured. He had it for the longest time though in 1999-2000 when Leetch was out for 30+ games.

Brilliant is spot on.. Graves wore the C as far back as 1995 and had brief stints in the C with injuries to Mess or Leetch. He wore the C as late as 2000 season before moving on to the Sharks..

Cygnus, I think he wants scans of the Cosby lettering so that he can get as accurate a customization as possible..

.....I know what I'm doing with my '94 jersey then. I'll throw an ASG patch on it and make it a Graves with the C. That's awesome, Slim.

Excellent! I didn't realize he wore the C that year either. But it does make sense because Messier missed about 5 or 6 games that year from a wrist injury if I'm not mistaken.

Without any disrespect to my all-time favorite New York Ranger player, I was always kinda surprised that they didn't make Graves the captain after Messier left in 1997. He was probably the 2nd best leader on that team at the time.

EDIT: They wore the All-Star patch on the road blues for the first half of the season leading up to the All-Star Game in New York. Afterwards, they got a new set of jerseys minus the patch.

Quick question about the same topic: I have a white pre-94 white CCM jersey and not a single Graves to my collection. Did he wear 11 and the C in 92-93? I'd like to do up that jersey with the Stanley Cup Centennial Patch. Anybody have pictures? Thanks!!

No, Graves only wore #11 during the 1991-92 pre-season(heat-pressed vinyl numbers on replica jerseys) and for exactly one game to start the regular season. The only caveat there is that the Rangers wore their 75th anniversary jerseys to start the season since they played Boston and Montreal for their first three games of the year. All Original Six match-ups that year involved the retro jerseys. So, Adam only wore #11 for a regular season game during the season opener in Boston. Here's the evidence:

graves11-vi.jpg

After that game...during the game in fact...the trade for Mark Messier was completed and he was put into the lineup in Montreal for the next game. He was then given #11 and the C obviously. I actually suspect that the jersey Graves is wearing in that card was recycled for Messier because I've seen shots of him in the first two games in Montreal and then for the home opener against Boston where he has a 75th jersey with a nameplate. I think they took Graves' name off and put Messier's on.

^Thanks Brilliant. Still have a white CCM rangers jersey that I plan on eventually selling, or making my first Graves jersey. Any other options for Graves?

Well, you could always do the 1992-93 Centennial one only as a #9. You very rarely see those and it would be very sharp looking. I think Messier was hurt for a short period of time during that year too so there's the off chance that Graves would have worn the C during that time....although, thinking about it more right now, I actually think that James Patrick(yeah, who?? HA!) wore the C while Mess was out that year.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, just wasn't sure about the A or C. I remember James Patrick. Lol. That was when I first started liking hockey.

Great stuff.. Totally forgot that Graves wore the C in 93-94 as well.