A (hopefully) helpful comparison of jersey types

Gr8erade

We have tons of fake FAQs, I wouldn't worry too much about them, but the other comparisons are great! If you want some Flyers shots (no Indos, fortunately), let me know and I'll put up some comparisons.

Put em up. Maybe this can be a one stop shopping comparison thread or something.

And I definitely appreciate everybody's additions.

I honestly don't know how helpful these will be. I'm not getting the detail in the red that I'd ideally like, but here goes...

Hey, thanks a lot for that. From what I can see the Indo front panel looks perhaps more similar to the air-knit 2.0 than I remembered. Maybe it's just the pictures, but it looks to me that the rough texture of the Indo front panel seems much more visible from the outside than from the inside of the jersey. Btw, does the stretch mesh back panel of the Indo look exactly like the one on the 2.0's?

Hey, thanks a lot for that. From what I can see the Indo front panel looks perhaps more similar to the air-knit 2.0 than I remembered. Maybe it's just the pictures, but it looks to me that the rough texture of the Indo front panel seems much more visible from the outside than from the inside of the jersey. Btw, does the stretch mesh back panel of the Indo look exactly like the one on the 2.0's?

Nope. the back panel of the Indo-edge jerseys is the same stuff that is on the premiers.

It is more visible from the inside. Having the jerseys side by side and being able to actually handle them at the same time, I can report that at least as far as this one goes, the body of the Indo jersey is very, very similar to the 2.0. So much so that if I were summarizing, this Indo is like a 2.0 body with 1.0 sleeves. As for how similar the material looks and feels, all I can say is they're close enough to made me wonder whether they're the same. Perhaps some of the panels are sewn with the rougher side inside on the Indo. Kinda hard to get "feel" across on the internet though. LOL.

But like I said back when I first posted this particular jersey, this one really had be scratching my head. It is marked made in Indonesia, but I would be really hard pressed to say that "it is crappy" quality, as is what's generally said about them.

Given that you have all the Bruins in the original post sans Indo, I thought I'd contribute. Hell, even feel free to link these in your original just to keep them together. Either way, no biggie.

Indo air knit material.

DSC03668.jpg

2.0 air knit from a similar angle. Not too different, but it is definitely noticeable to the touch and when you have your eyes on them.

DSC03679.jpg

Indo back "edge" material.

DSC03670.jpg

2.0 back. The "edge material on the Indo may look somewhat similar in pictures, but to the eye and especially touch, it is quite a bit different. The 2.0 (as well as 1.0) is smooth and almost slightly shiny, while the Indo is lacking those features.

DSC03681.jpg

Thanks for posting the Bruins Indo comparison. Maybe I just have no sense of touch... or maybe the red is just harder. I'm wishing that Toews I posted was around so that I could take a look at the white Indo edge compared to the white 2.0

Some other pics of the Thomas Indonesian made.

Definitely rougher looking stitching on the inside.

DSC03678.jpg

DSC03677.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

I seem to agree that the Indos are not consistent in quality. The first one I felt (Canadiens) in a store genuinely felt like a premier. It was light weight and seemed to have just the few obvious differences. I ordered this Thomas given its very low price and was very surprised how it felt. It's even heftier than the 2.0 (that's a larger size, even) that I posted pictures of. It's not crap, in my opinion, but it is made different and does lack a bit of love and care that 2,0s seem to have. I get the hate that these are all that's available in retail when it comes to authentic, but I don't believe that makes them a garbage product.

I'd definitely buy the argument that the quality control might not be as good on the Indos and that there may be good ones and lousy ones. I may have been lucky in the few that I've bought. I guess that after hearing so much about them being total crap that I was halfway pleasantly surprised to find that I could line that Lidstrom up next to the Zetterberg and it looked pretty darned good in comparison.

Thanks guys, for all the photos and help. Really surprised to hear the back panel is like the Premier stuff; that's one more thing that makes the Indos different from the 1.0's and 2.0's, I guess. As for me, I'm still not planning to buy any Indos unless significant improvements are made to them. (But I'm not holding my breath for that) Some really good info here, thanks again!

It's not the same air-knit as the 2.0's. It's a thinner fabric with a different pattern when compared to the old 6100 air-knit. If you look at the two side-by-side, you'll see they're not even close.

P1010534.JPG

How many of sets of these 3rds exist? Specfically for Vermette. Someone sold one of the Vermettes once and Im still kicking myself for not going after it.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for the link to the detailed pics of an Indo-Canucks that was posted somewhere. Can anybody help me please? I'd also like to know if the Indo-Edge has any size tags and and tag that says. Made in Indonesia.

I don't know where the pics are but the indo edges have the size written into the seam (where the Reebok or vector usually is replicated all around the seam) and its bright green, and yes in that seem it also said Made in Indonesia I believe

I'm looking for the link to the detailed pics of an Indo-Canucks that was posted somewhere. Can anybody help me please? I'd also like to know if the Indo-Edge has any size tags and and tag that says. Made in Indonesia.

The indo does not have a proper tag on the collar, just the green band, and that has the size and where it is made printed on it. Not sure if the inside body tags say the country of manufacture, or just care instructions.

The indo does not have a proper tag on the collar, just the green band, and that has the size and where it is made printed on it. Not sure if the inside body tags say the country of manufacture, or just care instructions.

Yes I have a closeup.

7231.jpg