EDGE 2.0 jersey size (retail 60 vs team issue 58+)

NYRangers_fan1994

I was just doing some thinking and came up with a random question. I’m not looking into buying a new jersey or anything, just curious. What is the size difference, if any, between a retail 60 2.0 (Winter Classic, All-Star, and initial run(s) of Jets jerseys) and a team issue 58+ 2.0? As far as I’ve seen, no player wears a 60, even Chara just wears a 58+, although I’m guessing it’s probably customized with some length added. So is a 60 just the retail equivalent of a 58+, or is it actually a different size (bigger or smaller)? Also, if they are the same, does anyone know as to why Reebok would label the team jerseys 58+ and the retails 60? (Granted, most of the things Reebok does concerning EDGE jerseys makes little to no sense)

I would say they are about the same size. Who knows why Reebok does their best to confuse the heck out of us. To make matters a little worse, I saw a 58+ team issue 1.0 at the expo today but that is a different story I guess.

Jay/BurabyJoeSackic has both sizes and I think he's posted the differences. Try doing a search for that or send him PM.

I think the title of 58+ is a little more foggy. It may very well just connote to a size 60 jersey for the big boys, but many of these jerseys have been altered/adjusted to custom fit a large player/fighter. For example, Chara's jerseys are 58+, but they're also modified further to fit his gigantic form (what MeiGray calls a 58C). Extra panels of air-knit are added to the body of his jersey and I would imagine that the sleeves are lengthened for his arms to fit properly.

But in another 58+ jersey I've seen (a Reebok 6100), the only modification I saw compared to a 58 6100 was that the arms were lengthened. I don't have either jersey in my possession to do the actual measurements, but I do have some pictures to do the side-by-side on. The body widths are the same (I believe) and you can see the difference in arm-length.

DSC_0318.jpg DSC_0325.jpg

* Neither of these jerseys is a GI/Gamer, they were both team-issued 6100 blanks that I got customized

It's something to consider when talking about these sizes. Reebok might use the title of 58+ as a convenience factor in sizing modified/to-be-modified jerseys.

Good point. I have a 2005-06 Hatcher GI Flyers 6100 jersey that is just tagged a 58 but either Reebok or the team added separate 3" panels to the end of each sleeve. So who knows.

In general, the 60 1.0 retail and the 58+ 2.0 are the same size in the torso. The 60 retails are the 1.0s. We've discussed the xtrafil and other differences in the fabrics as compared to the 2.0s at length already. The biggest difference you'll find, besides the fabric, the the arm length. The sleeves on the 60 1.0s are a good 6 inches longer than the 58+ 2.0s.

I also believe there are 58+ 1.0s, but I'm not positive about that.

Just as an aside here, it's good to see you here, Jay. I heard Aurora, CO this morning and right away the brain starts thinking up these crazy scenarios.

Hey thanks for thinking of me Mike. Just trying to wrap my head around something that makes no sense. The theatre, which I've been to many, many times, is about a mile from my office and five miles from our house. My family is safe, although we're still not sure about the staff and students of Aurora Public Schools, who I work for. Keeping our fingers crossed that as many as possible are safe. Thanks again for the thoughts.

I actually thought the same thing about Jay when I heard the news this morning. Good to know you're okay.