eBay conundrum

hatryk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the Modano jersey with the 1999 Stanley Cup patch?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mike-modano-jersey-/271230844086?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f269e3cb6&nma=true&si=yE9LcO84vgEZKvQDn2niaYmZXPc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If so, Dallas never wore this jersey during the 1998-1999 Stanley Cup finals.

For the 1998-1999 Stanley Cup finals, in addition to their white jerseys, Dallas had switched to their then-alternate third jersey. It is this jersey that they wore the night they won the Cup.

They wore the green ones (was the alternate that season as the road jersey for the finals) So modano is right they didn't wear that version for the finals.

That's the auction. Most people ( myself included) did not know they did not wear that jersey in the finals as it was their away jersey that year. If I got that jersey (which I highly doubt now) I probably could resell it for more than $66. But it's a moo (hee hee) point.

LMFAO! Guam, you never cease to make me laugh. That's great. Back on topic, there's absolutely no reason why he should be entitled to any refund, partial or otherwise. He purchased the jersey with the patch on it, he removed the patch himself. That's his problem, he altered the jersey at his own risk. You're not responsible. If he purchased the jersey at a retail store, went home, removed the patch and said "there's glue on here", what does he think the manager would tell him?

Hopefully exactly what you tell him, which should be "go screw"

As much as it sucks, if he asked OP if the patch will come off cleanly before buying, and then OP said yes, and it didn't come off cleanly, he is probably screwed.

Whenever selling anything on eBay/Paypal, you have to be extremely careful about what you say, how you describe the item, what you promise, and the terminology. It sucks, but it's just how it is.

It's not about whether OP should or shouldn't issue a refund, but if he said the wrong thing and gave the buyer the wrong impression, Paypal may see that as a reason to side with the buyer and force OP to issue a refund.

Your late to the party and read the entire story. The buyer bought the jersey, tried to strip the patch and when it didn't come off clean demanded a refund AFTER altering the jersey. Once you alter anything, seller is no longer responsible. The seller didn't get screwed and good the system worked for once.

Your late to the party and read the entire story. The buyer bought the jersey, tried to strip the patch and when it didn't come off clean demanded a refund AFTER altering the jersey. Once you alter anything, seller is no longer responsible. The seller didn't get screwed and good the system worked for once.

Yeah, I posted that before finishing the entire thread.

I wasn't saying that seller should be considered at fault. Its pretty obvious who is at fault. I was just stating with the way Paypal and eBay can some times be when it comes to deciding on cases, you've got to be very careful as a seller.