eBay conundrum

hatryk

eBay shouldn't have to decide anything, there's nothing to decide. The jersey was as-advertised in the pictures, he knew what he was buying. What he does with it after he gets it is his own decision. As he's altered the jersey, he's entitled to nothing.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eBay shouldn't have to decide anything, there's nothing to decide. The jersey was as-advertised in the pictures, he knew what he was buying. What he does with it after he gets it is his own decision. As he's altered the jersey, he's entitled to nothing.

Then he should just ignore the guy an that is it. The more he talks to him the longer this is going to get.

what's his user ID? id like to block this jamoke

I agree, I'd like to never have to deal with him with any of my auctions as well.

Like others said, this guy deserves nothing.

While he can argue you only said the patches were sewn, I doubt you said the patch was removable.

I don't think anything is returnable once it has been altered from the original.

You always take a chance when you try to strip a jersey.

I agree with many of the other members. You have no obligation to refund him his money if he tried to take off the patch and glue was left on the jersey. I've bought a few jerseys with incorrect customization with hopes of stripping the jersey just to get a deal. I always knew there was a chance the jersey will not come out clean and I would need to send it off to EPS.

Yup, like everyone's saying, he's not entitled to any refund whatsoever.

You can simply put it to him as this: "You could see everything clearly in the pictures. If you had bought this jersey in a store, and then removed the patch, you would not be entitled to a refund from the store, either. It is not my responsibility to reimburse you for altering a jersey. Best of luck with the cleaning, but this is a closed matter and we have nothing further to discuss."

This guy = R-Tard.

Dosent he know that even if it was stiched on it could still of had glue rez under it!?!?

Its a risk we all take when we strip a jersey. Tell him welcome to the fine world of jersey stripping

Stone wall him @ paypal. tell them he altered it.

Well I'm officially ignoring him hopefully Paypal doesn't screw me this time...they screwed me out of 500 bucks about 10 yrs ago when they gave the seller a refund without sending back the merch,

Sorry you has to pick up a dictionary Jeremy they don't teach you those words in college?

Well I'm officially ignoring him hopefully Paypal doesn't screw me this time...they screwed me out of 500 bucks about 10 yrs ago when they gave the seller a refund without sending back the merch,

Sorry you has to pick up a dictionary Jeremy they don't teach you those words in college?

No, don't ignore him. eBay and Paypal will just say you made no attempt to resolve the problem. Tell him flat out that you're not giving a refund because HE altered the jersey and you're not responsible for his actions resulting in damage to the jersey. Tell him you made no guarantee that the patch would come off, and if he doesn't realize that anything that's sewn to a jersey is pressed on first, then this is the result of his own ignorance. Tell him he bought exactly what was shown in the pictures and once he removed the patch, the jersey became his without any recourse.

If eBay tries to say you have to accept a return, tell them you'll open a fraud investigation with your bank should they pull money out of your account because you're not accepting a return of merchandise that was in the condition advertised when it was sold, and has since been altered by the buyer. You're under no legal obligation to issue a refund once the item has been altered. Tell eBay he damaged it when he removed the patch and it's not your problem. You have all your pictures and they'll be able to see the patch on the jersey in the listing, as well as your conversation with him.

Just don't ignore him. Make sure the specific reason for why you're not issuing a refund is documented in eBay messages so they can't turn around and say you're being uncooperative.

He says....

I will take it to a professional and see what they can do to clean it off. That cost would be fair to be refunded.

Tell him that a 'professional' is going to use acetone...it desolves adhesives, and it will not harm the jersey. Also, tell he's a tool for even asking for a refund, and expecting there not to be any adhesive/residue - 99% of patches/customizations are adhered to the jersey before they're sewn to the jersey to keep them in place. This is his fault, not yours.

Tell him flat out that you're not giving a refund because HE altered the jersey and you're not responsible for his actions resulting in damage to the jersey. Tell him you made no guarantee that the patch would come off, and if he doesn't realize that anything that's sewn to a jersey is pressed on first, then this is the result of his own ignorance. Tell him he bought exactly what was shown in the pictures and once he removed the patch, the jersey became his without any recourse.

Tell eBay he damaged it when he removed the patch and it's not your problem. You have all your pictures and they'll be able to see the patch on the jersey in the listing, as well as your conversation with him.

Just don't ignore him. Make sure the specific reason for why you're not issuing a refund is documented in eBay messages so they can't turn around and say you're being uncooperative.

And ya, exactly this :rolleyes:

LMFAO! Guam, you never cease to make me laugh. That's great. Back on topic, there's absolutely no reason why he should be entitled to any refund, partial or otherwise. He purchased the jersey with the patch on it, he removed the patch himself. That's his problem, he altered the jersey at his own risk. You're not responsible. If he purchased the jersey at a retail store, went home, removed the patch and said "there's glue on here", what does he think the manager would tell him?

Hopefully exactly what you tell him, which should be "go screw"

I totally agree. A well informed buyer will ask questions like when was it customized, how many times washed, etc, to find out if you will most likely have issues stripping it.

Long walk off of a short pier.

Latest email...

Dear hatryk,

Well, I got it back today. There is still much yellowing around where it was. I could have the 75 crest stitched back on on the same spot. I use Great Plains Cresting. If you check them out they are one of 4 shops that are OFFICIALLY Licensed By THE NHL in Canada to do jersey cresting. So the work they do would only authenticate it more. Again I was going to have them put it on the proper spot thinking it was sewn on.

However if I get it sewn on by them it would be just like you sent it only BETTER. If would like I could have that done and send it back to you for a refund? Or if you just want to wash your hands of this and move on I guess that is your call

If you have all original emails ESP ones where he states he removed the patch send them to PayPal. I would even send a link to this thread and they will see the truth about him altering it after received.

Edwin Platt has opened a dispute for the payment made on Jun 2, 2012

indicating that the item they received did not match the original

description.

Edwin Platt has requested a $189.50 USD refund.

Yeaaaaaa!

If he opened that case using eBay then eBay will have access to all the emails. all you have to do is have eBay invested his claim. I hate to say it but sellers never win these types of cases, I hope you do but they are always in the buyers favore.

I recently won a NJ Devils jersey on eBay and the guy used a picture of an authentic CCM Center Ice jersey. He had very minimal discription and he claimed that it's an on ice authentic. When I received the jersey it was a CCM 550 replica. I emailed him and asked for a refund and told him that the jersey he sent me was not the same that was in the pictures. This idiot used someone else's pictures and told me it looked just like his jersey. Well I opens a claim even though he did not accept refunds and eBay automatically accessed all of our emails that were sent and saw that he used a different jerseys pictures. Two days later they asked me to ship the jersey back to get a full refund from him.

The point to all this is you have to make sure that the conversation you had with him mentions that he altered the Jersey. This way eBay won't give him the refund. If he opens a case with PayPal then you have no chance of wining as PayPal just issues the refund right away.

Paypal is ebay. Just contact customer support or respond to whatever email younreceive from both of them and attach all of the email correspondence. You can provide a link to this forum as well. This buyer is a complete moron. You cannot return something that you ruined.