Cutting Edge closes?

brandon

$(KGrHqN,!q0E-ZRGuSSfBP2q27gjwQ~~60_58.JPG

Anyone know why? Seems like they had plenty of business and have been around for a long time. Something mustve went sour.

from all this guy's auctions- http://www.ebay.com/sch/xahlgoalie/m.html?hash=item41670bfcdc&item=280901713116&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why but I just got something back from them a few weeks ago. Some poor guy at the Gameworn forum just sent in some jerseys and didn't hear back from them. Hope he gets his stuff back.

Some really bad news for the hockey jersey collecting community. I know they lost some of their team business to other companies but I didn't know it got so bad that they had to go out of business. I hope the other jersey customizers are doing ok in this economy.

Some amazing stuff in their auction. Too bad I cannot out bid companies buying the jerseys up. Seriously thinking about dumping my life savings in these auctiosn

Some amazing stuff in their auction. Too bad I cannot out bid companies buying the jerseys up. Seriously thinking about dumping my life savings in these auctiosn

where is a link to the auctions?

Why are the selling everything as Game Issued when they are just regular authentic jerseys, well most of them?

http://www.pesco.com/servlet/SelectAuction.do?auctionId=9172&path=%2Fservlet%2FList.do

Is the auctions. I'm depressed was told about it too late the fishermans went for $10 each for 9 of them. Click on the webcam applet as a guest and become extremely depressed

Are all the listings finished?

Yes they are I watched the last one go off as I have trying to figure out how to bid and all was gone..

No the worst was 48..YES 48 Authentic Isles waves go for 22.50 a piece..

OUCH!!!!!

I find that hard to believe. With the lettering they were doing for numerous teams and for retail sales (I remember seeing them do Red Sox jerseys for local sale last year), I doubt highly that they would just shut down like that. This might just be John Gray affirming that the items he sold off using PESCO auctions were indeed a part of his personal stock. I don't necessarily think that Cutting Edge has closed its doors. Here's the business phone number if anyone wants to be in touch:

1-(781)-937-5590

Some of the Cutting Edge jerseys are up on eBay.

My link

Well, it is nice that the seller isn't trying to make a ridiculous profit or anything :rolleyes:

http://www.pesco.com/servlet/SelectAuction.do?auctionId=9172&path=%2Fservlet%2FList.do

Is the auctions. I'm depressed was told about it too late the fishermans went for $10 each for 9 of them. Click on the webcam applet as a guest and become extremely depressed

OMG, All of those Portland Pirates jerseys they still have new in bags from back when they were a Capitals affiliate. I wonder how much they went for. That this auction when on before any of us could get in on it is so disappointing. This would have been the most incredible deal and steals chance ever. I guess the bright side is that this stuff isn't sitting unboxed in a basement some where and could be in circulation on Ebay soon. We might not get to buy them at an incredible deal but at least we could get a chance to get our hands on some incredible jerseys they don't make anymore.

That is if they ever show up on eBay.

That is if they ever show up on eBay.

What would some one do with a lot of 12 authentic Portland Pirate jerseys from the mid 90s? If someone uses them to outfit their rec league hockey team, I might have to give up the hobby.

Finished going through the lots and one of cool things they had on sale were possible game issue college hockey jerseys which are probably hard to find authentic versions of.

I wish we would of known....could of collected money and went up there and made some real bids...I would of went up today and would tried to grab a few things...

I went to the wild customizer yesterday and they blew me off. Guess the bigger one gets the larger their customer base needs to be and who cares about the small guy!

Who cares about the small guy? Uhm, that would be your hosts IceJerseys.com, who just happen to be having a $29 customization sale with jersey purchase. That's who!

http://www.icejersey...ation_sale.html

Just got off the phone with Chris....great guy.

He is the seller on eBay with all of the Cutting Edge stuff.

If you guys are interested in anything, send him an email and be courteous. I got my fisherman/wave jerseys from him (he has 58GC left with the Isles traditional logo). He is willing to work with you if you are willing to work with him. It was a smooth transaction. Everything is legit. It is like what MeiGray would sell in their clearance section (pro stock jerseys). Chris was one of the nicer sellers I have spoken too. He actually called me and asked if I received the jerseys and if everything was alright.

He has a lot of stuff left and if you are interested (especially Portland Pirates--all logos, Worcester Sharks), just ask and be nice. If you want you can tell him Jeremy from New York recommended him.

Also, to clarify, I have good news. Cutting Edge Sports is NOT closed and they can customize fisherman jerseys! They are located in Woburn, MA still.

Just got off the phone with Chris....great guy.

He is the seller on eBay with all of the Cutting Edge stuff.

If you guys are interested in anything, send him an email and be courteous. I got my fisherman/wave jerseys from him (he has 58GC left with the Isles traditional logo). He is willing to work with you if you are willing to work with him. It was a smooth transaction. Everything is legit. It is like what MeiGray would sell in their clearance section (pro stock jerseys). Chris was one of the nicer sellers I have spoken too. He actually called me and asked if I received the jerseys and if everything was alright.

He has a lot of stuff left and if you are interested (especially Portland Pirates--all logos, Worcester Sharks), just ask and be nice. If you want you can tell him Jeremy from New York recommended him.

Also, to clarify, I have good news. Cutting Edge Sports is NOT closed and they can customize fisherman jerseys! They are located in Woburn, MA still.

If they are still in business, why did they essentially 'give' all of those jerseys away in a quick unadvertized auction?

Something seems shady.

How much is he willing to 'work'? He got all those jerseys for next to nothing and listed them for hndreds of dollars each.

If they are still in business, why did they essentially 'give' all of those jerseys away in a quick unadvertized auction?

Something seems shady.

How much is he willing to 'work'? He got all those jerseys for next to nothing and listed them for hndreds of dollars each.

The jerseys were court ordered to go to auction. Chris explained that the two partners had a nasty split and that the court told them to sell what was in the warehouse.

Make him an offer, see if he accepts or counters. Like I said, if you see something you want, make an offer. We all know these jerseys are worth something.