Mach_9's NHL Newsletter!

Mach_9

Alright - I'm breaking this news here first - you guys are the test audience and the group I've elected most likely to give good constructive feedback.

As the NHL trade deadline comes and goes, I will be launching a large personal project that I hope, and believe, will catch on and become fairly successful. This has been a long time in the works and has finally come to the moment of truth. I've secured some web-space and will be using it to launch a weekly NHL newsletter. I hope to setup a sign-up page this evening, enabling hockey fans from all over the world to sign up for the newsletter, but in the meantime, if you would like to be among the first on the mailing list, let me know by either posting here (I will go into your profile and retrieve your email address) or by PM'ing me your preferred email address.

The newsletter will come to you in full html writeup with pictures and links to credible sources for each news story. Rather than creating a lengthy weekly writeup of the NHL's coming and goings, I will briefly summarize each notable happening and provide a link to a longer writeup of the story from an outside source. The purpose of this newsletter - the service that it will provide, in essence - will be to gather all of the league's news and bring it to you in one, weekly update, so that you don't have to go searching through various sites and potentially miss a signing, suspension, injury or other news tidbit here or there. I will be as thorough as humanly possible in my roundup of the NHL's news each week and hope to send out the first letter at the conclusion of the trade deadline, and follow up by sending the weekly newsletter every Sunday evening, Monday morning, or on another day of the week, if you all have any suggestions.

As for Ice Jerseys, my newsletter will garner an IJ banner at the top and bottom, every single week, and will always include information regarding current sales and promotions at Ice Jerseys and on the Ice Jerseys forums. Given that I will be campaigning for membership on the message boards of all 30 NHL teams, as well as at least a dozen other large NHL communities, I estimate that after a month or so, the newsletter will be reaching a substantial quantity of readers. I've had success with similar projects in the past, so I have a fair idea as to what to expect this time around. The way I see it, this will be a very good, weekly and widespread plug for Ice Jerseys and I'm glad that I can provide it. Let me know what you guys think, and be sure to give me your mailing information so you don't miss out on the first mailing.

I will also, eventually be including a paypal option and taking donations, depending on the success of the newsletter. Should enough hockey fans show interest, I will purchase more web-space and improve the quality of the newsletter. I hope that, with proper execution, my passion for hockey can eventually translate into a reliable and (hopefully) reputable, well-established newsletter.

Edit: I've stickied this for now to see what the general response is and keep it on top so I can easily see if anyone signs up. When I get the sign-up page working, I'll un-sticky this post and just pin the link to the sign-up page up here so you guys can subscribe if you want to.

Sounds like a great and ambitious project Mach. I will be very interested in seeing how it turns out, and wish you the best of luck. I am glad you are hoping to help promote IceJerseys through this project, and suggest you may want to sign up for our affiliate program (click here) so you can earn some commissions on any referred sales you send to us.

Thanks Wolf; I will look into it. I wasn't planning on profiting from it, but it's actually a good idea, as any commissions I might end up making could be put back into the newsletter, like I mentioned with the donations aspect. I'd also like to include, as I forgot to mention it in my first post, that the newsletter will not be limited to NHL hockey exclusively and will update on some college, minor league, junior and European happenings as well. I will work hard to make connections with insiders from each NHL team's home community and do my best to provide information regarding the draft, rookie camp, and training camp (as well as any other off-season events) for all 30 teams. This information, in conjunction with international tournaments and such should provide me with enough information to produce a newsletter all 52 weeks of the year.

When are you posting a link for this dealy?
I hope to setup a sign-up page this evening, enabling hockey fans from all over the world to sign up for the newsletter, but in the meantime, if you would like to be among the first on the mailing list, let me know by either posting here (I will go into your profile and retrieve your email address) or by PM'ing me your preferred email address.

If I stay on schedule and get the sign-up page completed tonight, I'll post a link then. In the meantime, you can still sign-up by simply expressing interest. Your email address will be added to the mailing list.

Sounds cool Mach, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sounds cool Mach, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Same here- let us know when its up and running!