2011-2012 Atlantic Division Trash Talk Thread

NYIJM29

From now on, can we put all of our Islanders are better than the rangers, Devils, Pens, and fLyers trash talk in here? Mkay? Thanks

Ill start

Flyers lost to the Islanders LOL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWICE in a row now, jeeeez

I'll counter...

The Islanders are still paying Yashin

And will be paying DiPietro until about ten years after he dies.

I thought he had already died before he signed the contract. What a colossal waste of money he turned out to be. Between the money the Isles spent on him and Yashin they could've signed 4 or 5 very good players and been way ahead of where they are now. I'd much rather see the Islanders make the playoffs than the team from Pittsburg.

Wang wouldn't spend the money though on real talent. Wang is paying the corpse of Brian Rolston $5 million! The Isles on ice salary is roughly around $28 million (before unattainable bonuses that influence the cap hit).

So how long before the Flyers fans just accept the reality and start a "we can't beat you" chant?

Edit: HAT TRICK CALLAHAN! LOL! Makes me that much more excited knowing my USA jersey is on it's way back from Mike!

Edit again: You still can't beat us :D

So how long before the Flyers fans just accept the reality and start a "we can't beat you" chant?

Edit: HAT TRICK CALLAHAN! LOL! Makes me that much more excited knowing my USA jersey is on it's way back from Mike!

Edit again: You still can't beat us :D

Kind of funny the Rangers have won all 5 meetings this season so far. This SHOULD remind Flyers fans how much they DON'T like the Rangers. But as a Pens fan, come on Rangers, finish the season sweep! B)

The Rangers are getting absolutely lit up. Biron looks horrible and yet he's still in. I'm ready to turn this game off because it's just about over.

The Rangers are getting absolutely lit up. Biron looks horrible and yet he's still in. I'm ready to turn this game off because it's just about over.

If you watched last night's game you may have watched it all the way through! :o

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011020909

Thats what I thought.

On a side note, I was sitting next to the cream of the crap of ranger fans today. Soooooo stupid. They asked me to explain the "Potvin Sucks" chant to them because they had admitted that they had no clue why they do it. (this was in response to me yelling "Brian Leetch sucks"). Some 55-ish y/o lady in front of me took offense to the "Brian Leetch sucks" and I needed to tell her off. She was hammered and wrong (said stuff about how I don't know any stories about Potvin and how he is a horrible person--I said "false. I do. Also, you're right...winning four consecutive Stanley Cups, being one of the League's all-time greatest defensemen makes Potvin suck. Have you ever met the guy? How do you know he is a terrible person? Thats what I thought". Not the type of people you would want to associate yourself with--not knowledgeable in the least.

Thats what I thought.

Yes you're right, the Isles dog-stomped the Rangers in a 4-3 shootout win, you guys should plan the parade now :rolleyes:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011020909

Thats what I thought.

On a side note, I was sitting next to the cream of the crap of ranger fans today. Soooooo stupid. They asked me to explain the "Potvin Sucks" chant to them because they had admitted that they had no clue why they do it. (this was in response to me yelling "Brian Leetch sucks"). Some 55-ish y/o lady in front of me took offense to the "Brian Leetch sucks" and I needed to tell her off. She was hammered and wrong (said stuff about how I don't know any stories about Potvin and how he is a horrible person--I said "false. I do. Also, you're right...winning four consecutive Stanley Cups, being one of the League's all-time greatest defensemen makes Potvin suck. Have you ever met the guy? How do you know he is a terrible person? Thats what I thought". Not the type of people you would want to associate yourself with--not knowledgeable in the least.

No comment on the Isles/Rangers playing each other. I just like to sit back, watch, and see how the games play out. Definitely an underrated rivalry, IMO, and it could get a lot more attention when the Isles get back to being consistently good again.

I agree about the Potvin comments. People are just stupid to start chants and statements like that. Like you said Jeremy, the guy won 4 Cups as captain and when he retired he led defensemen in points (I believe). Great player. It's like the "Crosby Sucks" chants. Does Sidney Crosby really suck? HECK NO!!! It's just obnoxious idiots who make up such nonsense because they are jealous they don't have him on their team or he plays really well against their team. Bottom line, it's fans being the A$$holes that they are! :thumbsup:

Yes you're right, the Isles dog-stomped the Rangers in a 4-3 shootout win, you guys should plan the parade now :rolleyes:

First place teams should not lose to the lowly Islanders, just like you shouldn't drive big boats into rocks and miss 32 yard field goals to go to the Super Bowl.

Thanks Matt. Completely agree. I can take a little back and forth, but ranger fans are so quick to cry about something. An older NYR fan wanted to fight Ziggy (Goldie Locks...the guy with the gold wig) because Ziggy told him where the ladies room was. That seriously pisses you off ranger fans? Grow up. If you wanna talk s***, either a) back it up or b ) have fun with it.

During our Victory Lap, ranger fans got pissy because we were singing and celebrating. I joked along with them and said "yea, it happens so rarely we gotta live it up when we win!" They smiled because they knew I was right.

Isles fans are bugging out. Half of us (including me) place the majority of the blame on Josh Failey (he cleared the puck into his own bench with 30ish seconds remaining that led to a defensive zone face off that led to Washington's tying goal and he handed the puck over to OV in OT) while others are attacking us in support of Josh Bailey. I am in the boat that Bailey is a major reason for the loss, but Washington out played the Isles most of the game and they (whole team) allowed Washington too much time in the defensive zone.

Isles fans are bugging out. Half of us (including me) place the majority of the blame on Josh Failey (he cleared the puck into his own bench with 30ish seconds remaining that led to a defensive zone face off that led to Washington's tying goal and he handed the puck over to OV in OT) while others are attacking us in support of Josh Bailey. I am in the boat that Bailey is a major reason for the loss, but Washington out played the Isles most of the game and they (whole team) allowed Washington too much time in the defensive zone.

Hoping the Isles can knock off Philly tonight! :D

The one bond that brings together Pens fans, Isles fans, and Rangers fans ... hatred of the Flyers.

/grouphug